mercredi, novembre 03, 2004

Almost Infatuous


"When you develop an infatuation for someone, you always find a reason to believe that this is exactly the person for you. It doesn't need to be a good reason. Taking photographs of the night sky, for example. Now in the long run, that's just the kind of dumb irritating habit that would cause you to split up. But in the haze of infatuation, it's just what you've been searching for all these years."

-- excerpt from The Beach



It has been a wonderful month indeed! I cannot wait for the fun and excitement that November will bring. Just last week, I've been out almost every night hanging out with different sets of people pretty much around Metro Manila -- high school friends at Cibo Megastrip, college friends for a birthday party in Diliman, a former officemate and her officemates on Oktoberfest night in Makati, my favorite nurse friend for shawarma in Malate, and my new "posse" at Museum Cafe and yesterday when we started shooting my short film near Pasay. Add to this the long distance call from my homesick friend in Ontario. The only thing I missed out on were mingling with my tiki restaurant friends, family traditions, more specifically, interpersonal communication with them, but I think it's about time I live my own life. Although I've had to deal with emotional issues again aprés mon rennaissance, it's been the best month of my entire life so far. I've never felt more self-assured, more alive, and in a concrete way, I've regained new love for friends again. It's almost infatuous, if there was such a term. (If not, I'm copyrighting it here and now under my blog. Hear! Hear! The word infatuous has been copyrighted now © 2004)

Last night, when my internet connection failed me, I was supposed to write an entry about the wonderful soundtrack of the movie Forces of Nature. It's pointless to comment about the movie, I mean, Ben Affleck and Sandra Bullock. Completely folderol. However, most of the songs produced in the album were for keeps. It featured one of my all-time-favorite acid jazz one-hit wonders, Blue Boy with Remember Me (Soulstice Mix.) It also featured one of my all-time favorite bigbeat one-hit wonders, Lo-Fidelity All Stars' remix of the song Battle Flag by Pigeonhed. This track really rocks and whenever I hear it, I'd start dancing to it. (When I'm alone of course.) Hahaha There are three very sexy songs in the compilation too : Faithless' If Lovin' You Is Wrong (I Don't Wanna Be Right), Tricky's Slowly, and Holly Palmer's A Rose By Any Other Name. The latter is very trippy, very sensual. Other tracks to note are Propellerhead's Take California, a "Trailermen Go To Rio" remix version of Touch & Go's Would You (Go To Bed With Me?), Chris Tart's Love The One You're With and this Latin dance number entitled Cubanismo! by Descarga De Hoy. The soundtrack never fails to pick me up from the doldrums and lift my spirits up when I need it!

FOr now, I'm ending my long-standing infatuation with something that doesn't work anymore.


2 Truths:

Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i miss you :)

mercredi, novembre 03, 2004 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i bet the next posts will be an awesome read. i'm happy for you, sparks.

mercredi, novembre 03, 2004 11:33:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home