mercredi, septembre 22, 2004

Walking Wounded

"Out amongst the walking wounded,
every face on every bus Is you and me and him and her
and nothing can replace the us I knew"

-- Everything But The Girl



I just came home from an hour's walk from the mall. Sometimes it's difficult getting out of the house to do something extremely routine. But all it takes is that little push out the door and things get going somehow.

At a steady pace, your body will start to sweat after around 15 minutes. At 20, it will go into the "fat-burning stage" as how my Fundamentals of Physical Fitness professor told us in freshman year.

By around 30-40 minutes, your feet will start to tire, you'll probably feel some blisters forming on your soles; you'll start gasping for more air and would probably want to stop and drink something in a bottle.

But I found out that if you keep going after 40 minutes, your body will enter into "2nd wind" mode. It'll keep going step after step. You'll feel like a robot sometimes, or maybe on opposite, more envigorated as if you just started walking.

Before I know it, I'd be on our home street, walking toward the white gates.


And maybe this is my metaphor for life. It takes me a tremendous amount of willpower to keep going at a steady rate, to follow through, but I'll eventually get to my destination when I try not to mind being wounded and just wipe away the burning sweat from my eyes, seeing the goal get closer and closer somehow.

1 Truths:

Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

just like i said, you are following your feet.

jeudi, septembre 23, 2004 8:02:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home