samedi, février 05, 2005

We Go Live

.
.
This is weird. I kinda promised myself that I will never talk about work in my blog and I will try to be less self-absored as a means of dispelling the negative thoughts. But the truth is, my new job is taking most of my time nowadays. There's no time to dwell on problems, on personal issues, on that crazy little thing called love, not even enough time to spend a good night with friends like in the past half year. And so, if I'm not able to be self-absored in my emotional junkiness or to be able to write about my occupation, what have I left to write about??? Without emotion, I am not as eloquent, not as driven as I usually am. I want to write but the words just don't come out the way I want.
.
Writer's block? Perhaps.
.
On the upside, I'm happy as a birthday celebrant. Still impatient like I've always been but with an even temperament which helps get me through the day(s). This is what I need -- the real thing.
.
.
Not so much as rant as of realization: I have two.
.
Realization numero une -- The world revolves around laws. These govern the essential processes that keep everything in balance. It would be difficult to break these rules, consequences are often dramatic.
.
In other words :: Although I have some qualms about my new job, being at the lowest level of the food chain (in a dog eat dog world), I feel the only way to survive would be to adhere to ALL the company policies, to embrace them even. If I wanna win, I have to play it straight. No more delinquency, no more excuses.
.
Realization numero deux -- My parents are growing old. Being in their mid-50's, they've become more sickly. M' Mum's had high blood pressure during the holidays and m' Dad's coughing his unhealthy lungs out due to smoking. One time while I was listening to one of my favorite lounge cds, I saw him, thru the haze of Winston Red's smoke hovering over the dining table under the ambient yellow brightness of the chandelier.
.
In other words :: It is my turn to be responsible. They've done their part raising me up and sending me to excellent schooling, I have to think of my own survival now and the ways in which I want to achieve my goals. It is my turn to make them proud, my turn to take care of them should the immediate need arise.
.
.
It is time to put an end to the self-absorbedness for the meantime and think of others for a change. I've fixed my life a bit for now, it's time to help those who are fixing theirs.
.
And about my job, my batchmates and I already passed the finals and practicals, now's the time to apply our knowledge into the real game. After this weekend, the close of product-specific training, we go live.
.
.

10 Truths:

Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I'm always standing up for the rights of my coworkers, the only reason they dont fire me from work sooner is because I adhere to the rules like no one else.

And yes, at my old age I find it frightening to say goodbye to the life I carved for myself to go take care of my aita and my ama.

Life has a sense of humor.

samedi, février 05, 2005 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Stanin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

This post is a beautiful description of the transition from being a youth to being an adult.

dimanche, février 06, 2005 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

My father had a health scare when they found a growth in his lungs. Turned out to be something else unscary. It freaked me out for a moment; when malignant growths are found in your lungs you usually have just six months to live. I guess that kind of addiction runs in families, the longest I've stayed away from my menthols is 23 days.

We go live, very SNL. And tonight, live from New York, PARIS HILTON is hosting.

dimanche, février 06, 2005 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Good for you! Am very happy that to some extent you have some sort of stability running through you at this point...Let's have coffee soon...

dimanche, février 06, 2005 2:30:00 PM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

seems like very timely realizations seeing as how you've just been padded up with a year's worth of wisdom. i'm happy for you.Ü

dimanche, février 06, 2005 3:25:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Blex - Indeed life has a sense of humor. It's so funny sometimes, it hurts.

Stan - I do hope I'm not regressing. Heaven forbid I should go thru ALL THAT again ...

Carolvs - Ur so clever. U were able to put the word unscary and PARIS HILTON in one blog comment. LOL

ninjato - I find I'm regaining the optimism I lost from the foreground before all that nursing hoopla. Yes, coffee would be nice. I'd invite u if u were awake at 2am when I have lunch. Hehehe

rain - Thanks! You're wise too you know Ü

dimanche, février 06, 2005 7:46:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

dear, you're growing up on me. i am frightened. =)

lundi, février 07, 2005 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Trans - ain't it about time? :)

mardi, février 08, 2005 8:17:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

You should get new shoes to celebrate your adulthood :) Hey, when is the blowout?

mercredi, février 09, 2005 4:17:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i crave pasta.

mercredi, février 09, 2005 5:36:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home