jeudi, janvier 27, 2005

Salutation

I have all the words to say
keeping up with the blank spaces.
These are letters to write
envelopes to mark and seal.
I could lick through stamps
deliver the mail after I'm done
the waste basket filling up
with my crumpled draftings.

It seems the words I have
are afraid of being written
of being confirmed or edited.
I end up writing, then backspacing,
then saying them again
uttering the same letters
the same names
of people I haven't met.

I careen with my thoughts
only to myself, if to appease
that which keeps moving forward.
The keys wait, the cursor retracts
beginning my salutations.

6 Truths:

Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

waiting for a new galaxy to be born with much joyful anticipation.

jeudi, janvier 27, 2005 1:24:00 PM  
Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Your musings seem...so....French.

Seems like a bad case of writer's block, I recommend extra thick milk shake for it, or a shot of tequila.

Or both.

vendredi, janvier 28, 2005 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

blex >> he'll probably do both. he's prothiaden-ly adventurous that way.

ennui >> this poem is fantastic. and the colors...whooee!

vendredi, janvier 28, 2005 9:00:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

bismuth - it's not so much the waiting. i'm trying to find ways to "push the envelope" so to speak. I'm not keen on waiting anymore. Ü

Blex - LOL @ French! I was aiming at making it look like the side of an airmail envelope. I guess it came out par avion to you! hahaha

Trans - Have a great time with bismuth tomorrow!

vendredi, janvier 28, 2005 9:35:00 AM  
Blogger Stanin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Looks like an airmale envelope to me. Look at it. It's moving to the right so fast that it's dragging the black and white in the air behind it! Nice!

vendredi, janvier 28, 2005 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Hi Stan! Nice of you to drop by again Ü

samedi, janvier 29, 2005 9:22:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home