jeudi, janvier 13, 2005

A New DIET



Hello to all! I'm sorry for having been so quiet the past few days. I'd really love to be my quasi-eloquent self right now but I'm too beat up to elaborate. As my communication professors would say, "Brevity is the art of good communication." This'll be brief. (Or so I thought ... I just finished typing ...)

I had a series of interviews and tests last Monday. It started at 9am and ended at 7pm. I was actually on my way home at 5, expected to go back the next day for my final interview but the HR called up and had me go back the last minute. I was thrilled.

The next day, Tuesday, I already started training with 18 other people. Wasn't so bad really. We just typed and typed and typed, read aloud, and with emotion, a bit of mundane conversation, some very interesting racist comments, and around 3 or 4 bits of sexually-explicit dialogue. I thought to myself, "Hey! I can do THIS for a living!" Hahahaha

During the first 2 days of training, I was able to squeeze in 2 nightouts. The first one with Nikkita. She caught up with me inside the bus just as it was about to leave, then we hopped out and went to Coffee Bean for some classic tea. It was fantastic. I never thought tea could be sooooo goooood! Hahahaha I'm swearing off coffee for some Chai or Japanese Cherry with vanilla powder and a bit of cinnamon. Yum ...

The 2nd night, I met up with Nikkita again, along with Luke and Joeboy. She was supposed to treat us to see Ocean's 12 but she claimed to have been "hostaged" by her boss. We ended up in Coffee Bean again with some more of the tea. Yum ...

So now, I realize I'll be too tired to go walking after work and too sleepy to go walking in the morning. My weightloss routine's on hold for now. (Nikkita claims I'm bordering on anorexic) (like Karen Carpenter) Even then, I am introduced to a new "diet":

Diction Intonation Emotion Typing


It's funny really, the sense of "normalcy" I've been asking for still leaves me gasping for breath. Ü


4 Truths:

Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Nice to have you back ennui. :^)

vendredi, janvier 14, 2005 4:12:00 AM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

most times, being normal isn't really all that fun. *wink, wink,*

vendredi, janvier 14, 2005 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

those last two phone conversations we had (you'll kill me with those cellphone bills) were amazing...just what i needed. btw, my navel is saying yes, but circumstances say no. drat.

vendredi, janvier 14, 2005 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Carolvs - it's nice to be backÜ thanks for the welcome!

rain - even if my time sched is normal, who said I am? Hahahaha

transience - that's ok, your xmas bonus should more than make up for it! hehehe

samedi, janvier 15, 2005 12:50:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home