dimanche, décembre 19, 2004

Did you miss me? ;)

"When it was over, all I could think about was how this entire notion of oneself, what we are, is just this logical structure, a place to momentarily house all the abstractions. It was a time to become conscious, to give form and coherence to the mystery, and I had been a part of that. It was a gift. Life was raging all around me, and every moment was magical. I loved all the people, dealing with all the contradictory impulses. That's what I love the most -- connecting with the people. Looking back, that's all that really mattered."

--excerpt from Waking Life

There are people in our lives we are destined to meet, and there are probably the same number of people we were NOT supposed to meet. Some friends come and go, some family members and relatives we get to share ourselves with more significantly, and perhaps a few strangers find their way into our lives and change our perceptions forever. Nobody knows if these social interactions are random occurrences or borne of divine or cosmological intricacies, yet one thing is certain, it is we who choose how deep each relationship goes. It is we who decide how much of an influence each character partakes in our lives.

There are people we meet and instantly find a close connection with. There are people we meet who irritate the hell out of us without any rational excuse. And then there are those who come across as impertinent to our continuing development towards self-actualization.

But like all relationships, first impressions don't usually last and we are often left with the task of nurturing the friendship that would make it last a lifetime. These people who stand the test of time are, in my opinion, those worth keeping. Not to say that I don't have acquaintances or "networks" who are important in the other aspects of my life or how the brokendown intimacy that results in uncomfortable situations need not be prolonged. Again, it's our choice who to keep and who to let go of. (Ahh ... letting go ... what a b*tch it is to do!)

Sometimes the boundary between "close" and "closer" can be indistinguishable. I mean, I've had friends who were very close to me then after some time became just acquaintances. Some we kill off, others leave without sufficient closure. I guess it's the natural cycle of relationships: what you lose, another person gains. We all contribute to the lives that we touch one way or another and it need not necessarily be positive at all. This is why I strongly feel that all people are partly responsible in fucking up somebody else's life. It's the norm. It's, like, an unspoken prerogative.

There are moments of lucidity, however, when we see the picture in full detail, where we see the people in our lives in gray scale and it suddenly makes a lot of sense where they stand. Remember these moments because these are your unimpeded thoughts of pure objectivity. Wisdom or truth springing from your subconscious. Excrement coming from unadulterated emotional constipation.

For all its worth, I am grateful for all my friends, but I'm even more grateful, nay, indebted, to those people who've stuck by my side all these years and have been there for me in mental sickness and psychiatric health. For those times when I hadn't been as lucid as I wanted, when my tongue had lashed out the truth in its most offensive flavor, when my despair had left me asphyxiated in unwavering stubborness. You know who you are Ü

And to my new "cyber" friends and other resilient readers -- I'm truly thankful for your honesty and unbridled intellectualism. Such are rare these days. Ü

PS - I hope it's me talking and not my manic self. Hehehe

11 Truths:

Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

of course i missed you. but i don't have to prove it. you know fully well where you stand in my "sea of waking dreams."

you were absolutely right about everything you said here. and i'm just happy that a part of you is anchored where it belongs. so very happy...you don't know how much.

dimanche, décembre 19, 2004 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

you're absolutely right. we fuck up other people's lives some way and vice versa. ain't it grand how this whole scheme works?

but do you believe that when you lose someone of great influential importance, you'd need to meet a greater person to forget the previous? or do we have a cap or glass ceiling as to the level of greatness of people we meet? that no matter how you may try, you may not meet or have a person beyond your limit of reach? this is being fatalistic. but sometimes i think life is.

dimanche, décembre 19, 2004 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Well, nice to have you back.

Some friends are ment to come and go, we learn from them but the dynamics of our life take us away from them.

And then there is those who stick with us for long periods of time, you never know which will be which.

dimanche, décembre 19, 2004 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Transience - Sea of waking dreams? Funny you should mention a line from THAT song. I refuse to believe that I am "possessed". Hahaha

I haven't completely let go, but I've come to terms with the fact that it is not yet time. I did my part and I had been denied. So, fcuk it. Ü

Bismuth - It's quite a scary thought (though I agree with you) to have to top a great influence with a "greater" influence. This is exactly what has happened to me. No human being can top my "transient" influence. I am forced to settle with the next best thing -- being transient myself.

Blex - Sometimes the only reprieve we have from the turbulent changes of life is acceptance; to go with the flow even if it means being dragged across the rocky bottom.

lundi, décembre 20, 2004 1:10:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

each person in the world is separated by six other people. it's the theory of "six degrees of separation." i'm glad i met the six who led me to you :)

lundi, décembre 20, 2004 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

мечтатель >> hey, dreamer. i AM the real transient. so phooey. +P

lundi, décembre 20, 2004 7:56:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

and here's your new icon too! +P

lundi, décembre 20, 2004 1:39:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Mussolini - are you sure? i mean, i can get really crazy sometimes (but i guess you already know about this) Ü

lundi, décembre 20, 2004 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

*spotting icon*

what the...

lundi, décembre 20, 2004 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

As cliche as it sounds, truthfully, the hardest part is indeed in letting go...we may sometimes have a hard time doing this and might resort to extremes...but sooner or later, we kind of have to make peace with ourselves and get over it, however as easy as it sounds the gestation period for this period varies (okay am stopping since beginning to sound very National Geographic)

Oh by the way...

"PS - I hope it's me talking and not my manic self. Hehehe"

was there even any difference? =)

mardi, décembre 21, 2004 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Yes! The manic self seems to have more friends ;)

mercredi, décembre 22, 2004 6:04:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home