dimanche, janvier 09, 2005

waning oceans ...

Slow travel over the oceans before the light begins to wane ...





"the tides fly off like moonlight dreams
and memory forgets that it forgets
remembrance is foretold by absent waves
gentling fading shores, mocking with temerity
the never-ever ideologies of water
immersed in sould
and soul is immersed in fire --
glorious flames borne out of
waning oceans
."

-- waning oceans written by her



Yesterday I met up with my posse just to get out of the house. I wanted to see people, to experience life. When I got back to our seat with an order of coffee, my two friends were very quiet. Then one of them walked out, walked away and rode a cab. I didn't want to ruin my night so I tried my best to converse even if meant being a bit intrusive and knowing wtf just happened.

We talked till 2:30am and my day/night had been restored.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It seems I've become an emotion junkie. It's not about being hooked on just 1 emotion but on the whole spectrum that life has to offer. Fear, doubt, resilience, mania, invincibility, pride, emptiness, pulchritude, urgency, malevolence, vindication ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I read through a lot of other blogs when I'm online (like all of you do) and I guess you're all familiar with the feeling that you know what these people are going through, that you were once in the same situation dealing with it your own way. You'd comment if you know the comment helps (and it usually does). It's amazing how sometimes the situation is the same for all of us. You'd think you're alone, but in reality, everyone's going through the same thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"oceans never really wane, but memories do. there are some memories which serve their purpose when we let go of them. yet in some cases, some very special people are best held on to. sometimes, for some people, memories are treasures, because sometimes, memores are all we have."



While this day would formally mark the last of 2004 for me (not because I'm celebrating the Chinese New Year or anything), I'm allowing myself to breathe a sigh of relief for the year that was. Had I chosen to completely abandon myself on top of a building or with a bottle of pharmaceutical painkillers while playing Karen Carpenter's "End of the World", I would'nt have lived to experience all the beautiful things, known all you beautiful friends, learned several new things since I started writing on this new blog. It makes me hopeful that a lot more will come my way. It makes me hopeful that I can still lose sight of the shore and enjoy the journey again like I was 25 years old once more.



6 Truths:

Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Ayyi ayyo, amazing how many things can happen in the lapse of time that it takes to get a cup of coffee.

When I read your posts sometimes I feel like posting a "WTF" moment at mine, but they are so weird I'm afraid I will scare people away.

I thought I was the only lunatic out there still listening to Karen Carpenter's immaculate voice.

dimanche, janvier 09, 2005 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Well you put in words your emotional range very well. I know that helps to cope with them. You know what? To H.-E.-double-toothpicks with conventions, let's celebrate the New Year whenever we want to! We learn something new everyday (you even learned something new while writing this blog), let's celebrate new-ness whenever we feel like it!

lundi, janvier 10, 2005 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

coffee must be a precursor for life-changing moments. you will not believe what happened to me last saturday. over coffee.

lovely poem, btw.

lundi, janvier 10, 2005 9:12:00 AM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Yep, I guess that's what makes reading blogs such a universal experience, you no longer feel that you are the only one going through whatever it is that you are going through, it can be very comforting or truly creepy depending on how you look at it...

Btw, good for you, having hope is definitely a step in the right direction...

lundi, janvier 10, 2005 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i never would have thought i'd find "friends" through the internet. but hey! here you guys are. the great thing about blogging is that people actually take the time to absorb your thoughts and not just pretend to listen to your raves and rants. so to you my fellow bloggers, CHEERS!

ennui, i'm glad that you have such a positive take on things. have a wonderful journey.Ü

mardi, janvier 11, 2005 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Blex - post your WTF comments in my blog. ideas don't scare me so easily. regaining my weight does. Ü

Carolvs - here's to new-ness whenever!

transience - the poem isn't as lovely as the poet herself.

ninjato - here's a toast to your finding consistency!

rain - i missed your raindropsÜ it is indeed wonderful how i've found blogger friends this brilliant!

jeudi, janvier 13, 2005 10:46:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home