samedi, décembre 31, 2005

New Couch, New Shoes

.
.
.
The couch I bought finally arrived last Dec. 29. I bought it at the last minute, at the height of the christmas shopping rush (and the relentless nagging of my "housewife" roommate ex-guru). Compared to the tangerine-apricot color he was telling me to get just so we'd have a couch to sit on, I got an off-white one which fit the color scheme better. Yes it's a color that would get dirty easily, but hey, I'd rather that than mint green or green blue, or some other weird color that doesn't sell well. I was supposed to get a brown quasi-corduroy type of couch that had a matching mini ottoman and 2 throw pillows at 500 bucks less the price of the fake leather one, but my good friend advised me that cloth would be harder to clean and would accumulate more dust. So there, I bought the off-white couch and 2 separate box-looking ottoman in beige. They had it delivered a week after because of consumer traffic. So on the morning of Dec 29, the landlord woke me up saying there was a delivery. They had to unscrew the locks and the door knob just to get the couch through the door. I gave a large tip since it was christmas and all (to which I kinda regret).
.
.
Ninjato dropped by after I took out the plastics and prepared my breakfast at 1:30pm. It was his birthday the day before and Dec 29's my sister's birthday so I texted her and asked her what she wanted for present. The ninja dude and I talked for more than an hour, he, enjoying the couch that just came in minutes before. The electricity went off and at an awful time when I needed to use the restroom. I took out a candle and did my thing. Of course, like with all things, the universe again demonstrated to me its knack for mockery and timing. As I had predicted, my roommte came out because he couldn't sleep and he met my friend. Not that there was anything wrong with it, I just hate it that I wasn't physically present to introduce them to each other. Blame the pineapple slices I heartily ate the other day. For the past 3 days I've been seriously loading up on my veggies and fruits. I had to use the restroom 4 times that day ... sheesh ...
.
.
Anyway, my roomie said something like, "Thank God you already got the furniture!!! I was beginning to think you were never gonna get them!!!" and then proceeded with, "Ok so now just buy the screws for the table and then maybe 4 small stools around this height (demonstrates the measure from his lowered palm toward the floor). They're not that expensive."
.
.
When will the hurting stop??
.
.
Ninjato and I then left for the mall, not because I wanted to avoid my nagging roommate, but because I wanted to get myself a new pair of shoes by donating my old ones. The place was jampacked and everyone was shopping like crazy! I got myself a new pair of black-brown shoes which I plan to wear for the New Year's celebration, along with a new pair of jeans I bought on sale today and a new long sleeve shirt that'll keep me warm in the office. (Can't wait to party tomorrow!!!)
.
.
It was already around 8pm when I finally caught up with Toper. We ate at Kentucky's. I had a 2-piece hot n' crispy chicken meal while he had a 1-piece chicken meal with mashed potato and extra rice. It was nice and I wasn't too conscious if I had his legs clasped unto mine. We walked around a bit afterwards because I felt bloated. It was nice. He would put his arm on my shoulder or pinch my lanky arm when he felt like it. We sit down on the comfy couches of Starbucks in Shangri-la mall while I sip on my Christmas blend coffee, and he, his Tazo mint. We were like kids really, mocking each other while making me realize even more how special this person is and why I think my search is nearing its conclusion. He asked me why I was so self-conscious, why I didn't bring my cigarettes. He just wanted me to be myself and it felt amazing.
.
.
He had to leave early, having to join his family to go to the province. I was there on the couch, half-asleep but half-smiling. I slipped my little note on his back pocket on his way out. My home never looked so new Ü
.
.
.

7 Truths:

Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Happy 2006!

dimanche, janvier 01, 2006 6:29:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i've yet to spread myself out in your new pad. happy new year's, sparks.

dimanche, janvier 01, 2006 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

hey happy new year to u guys too!Ü

mardi, janvier 03, 2006 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger r3dguyin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

.hei. happy new year.

mardi, janvier 03, 2006 8:51:00 AM  
Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

No matter what happens, have yourself a happy 2006.

mardi, janvier 03, 2006 8:55:00 AM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

this post makes me feel giddy. hehe.

mardi, janvier 03, 2006 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Happy New Year! And thanks for the tip by the way, I was able to come back and actually get two pairs of shoes myself hehe and a jacket and a shirt...

mardi, janvier 03, 2006 5:01:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home