jeudi, juillet 01, 2010

Learning Curves














"I'll say it once, I'll say it twice ... I LOVE my damask wall paper!"


Looking back, there were many things I would change if I had the chance: I would've asked for a bigger allowance. I would've spent more thought on my college application. I would've chosen another college. I would NOT have started out in the customer service industry. However, looking back, I was so immature in many ways that even if I appeared to my younger, more rebellious self, I would not have changed anything. So, there would really be no other option but to not regret the regrettable, and to take everything as it comes, take it like a man (whatever that means anyway. Pfft!) Maybe by learning to let go, I would be set free from my obsessive envy. Maybe, by learning curves, I would be lead directly to my goals -- a plus-size paycheck or a fatty deposit account in a Suisse bank.

I'd like to think the path to my success is straight, that everything would be linear: a promise made would be a promise kept, a credit card bill would be paid in full. But of course, I'd be disappointed that life, for me, isn't so; and perhaps it would be better that way because the path I want is the exception: the bend on a straight path, the pleasant drop-off before the next house-hop, the requisite detour after a funeral.

I'm like a scallop taken out of its shell. A car with missing spare parts. I want to be so many things, I don't know where to start. Maybe my starter has a problem. Maybe I need a tune up.

2 Truths:

Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

If you think about it, everything in history may have turned out differently. Does that mean life is one long regret?

lundi, juillet 12, 2010 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

it is. there will always be that nagging "what if?" in the back of our minds

lundi, juillet 12, 2010 11:21:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home