dimanche, mai 18, 2014

Feelin' 22



"All roads lead to Rome."

All right so you helped break the dry spell.  After all, it was the Romans who invented the aqueducts, and after a series of extremely humid summer days, my curiosity you had quenched more than once.  Of course the first one I will never forget because finally, all that screaming was not just in my head, when Nero had the whole city burn down in flames.  The city had become a ghost town where ghosts slept in.

You were quite agitated, and I would understand why.  I used to be in your place, I used to be used like that.  I fear I still can be sometimes especially when I'm not careful and the irrigated water dries up during the extended window periods.

I still remember when we walked to the piazza, you sauntered as if you were dancing.  You had that distinct gait of a volleyball player, a setter not a spiker.  I'm sorry I couldn't give you much of myself anymore, not in the near future or thereafter.  Not with that foul mouth of yours.  Its waft certainly brings down the sail of any would-be expedition.

I will try to break it to you gently.  You need to know and do something about it before the senate stabs you in the back.