samedi, novembre 13, 2004

The Night Is Always Young


"shakedown 1979, cool kids never have the time

on a live wire right up off the street
you and i should meet
junebug skipping like a stone
with the headlights pointed at the dawn
we were sure we'd never see an end to it all"

-- 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins



Right when I thought the night couldn't get any worse, I spared myself from all the insanity by reaching out. At 11pm, I was determined not to spend a fab Friday night at home so I texted my dear friend Risso who's at Masas. Although the cab ride killed my poor penniless pocket, it was all worth the trip. I got to meet up with three of his college buddies and got to catch up on the latest news about each other. He told me Rissa was there for the party in Temple Bar for MTV. People were literally crowding outside and my seat, the one jutting out into the walkway, was a constant target for passer-bys. We transferred to Coffee Bean where I bumped into Ninjato and his two cool friends Ekka and Geena. I ended up staying with his group for the rest of the evening till 4:30am. It was great. I didn't feel left out at all considering I just met them. Meeting interesting new people is wonderfully therapeutic. It doesn't have to be pleasant all the time, but the act of opening up and sharing thoughts and experiences takes one out of the darkness and into the night. The night is always young.

Anyway, I should be indignant about something that's been bothering me, but I refuse to be affected. Sometimes it's difficult not to get depressed especially when the matter concerned hits an unresolved issue, but what is the journey without a little car trouble sometimes? Perhaps these are times one should stop and view the surroundings. There's always something new to see.



3 Truths:

Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

what's this all about? why don't i know? talk to me. ohm.

samedi, novembre 13, 2004 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Ok spill dude... whatever this "indignance" is, I hope its not as bad as you think it is...As for my friends, told you these were cool people =)I am so lucky and proud to call these people my friends and barkada...Next time, its my turn to join your world naman =)

samedi, novembre 13, 2004 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Transience - it's nothing serious really. it's just that i feel a little frustrated for not being able to address it better than i'd wish. it's petty.

Ninjato - "my world" ... you make it sound like an alien planet! hahahaha

dimanche, novembre 14, 2004 4:22:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home