dimanche, février 06, 2005

Nameless No More

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I invited my friends over for some tea on a Saturday night, seeing as how I’d be very busy the next couple of weeks. I met them over at our favorite hangout. I met up with Luke who was talking to Julius, Joeboy’s French professor from Alliánce. Joeboy and Nikita followed a few minutes later after purchasing a new pair of black leather S&M stilettos from Nine West. She bought the pair specifically for her party that was to follow.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

There’s this waiter we’ve come to know as Nameless simply because he was. That night however, they found out his name was Joseph. He was nameless no more. It reminded us of the final SATC episode where Carrie answers her mobile after coming out from shopping and we get a glimpse of Mr. Big’s real name on the small, non-colored, one-liner screen. John. It was such a common name for someone who’s been so mysterious and elusive for 6 years. We asked, “Why not Fitzgerald or Zeus or Apollo?” We were so disappointed.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nikita tells me that she has an officemate she’d like me to meet. She gave out a name. My initial reaction was that of apprehension, which I felt was quite normal. In a quick instant, all of the self-consciousness ping-ponged about in my head. Nameless no more.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

At 11:15, Nikita left for her friend’s Marlboro Myxtronica party at the World Trade Center in Roxas, le professor de Français went home because he had an early class the next day, and the remaining ménage took refuge in Coffee Bean.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It was around 12:30 when I received Nikita’s call inviting us over to hear the Warp Brothers. We’d be getting free VIP passes for the party so off we went! Who could refuse an invite like that anyway? Ü
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The place was packed but not all people were dancing. It was a myxed crowd dancing half-enthused over hardcore trance, distinctly European. We didn’t care, we were there to have fun. Music-wise, the only highlight I remember was when the DJs played a heavy remix of U2’s New Year’s Day. Wonderful song and everyone 25 and above seemed to enjoy dancing because they knew the lyrics. Aaahh, the 80s. Dance-wise, on one part Nikita and I were mimicking the sexy ledge dancers atop the platform beside the mix booth. On the other, we were mime-dancing. It was hilarious!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

People started to disperse moments later. We find out that everyone’s outside eating buffet breakfast. For free. Not only that, there were female models giving out free cigarettes as well, a blatant promotional effort for the smoking public. It was about 4am when we finally decided to head home. Coming from the graveyard, I was wide-awake.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A quick taxi ride along Roxas, I was home. I was dressing up quietly near the toilet when I noticed my grandmother’s room was empty. I find out later that she was brought to the hospital again. *sigh*
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

17 Truths:

Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i do hope your grandmom's better...

lundi, février 07, 2005 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

ditto.

i'm sorry you had to experience an anti-climax. but i do hope she's fine now.

lundi, février 07, 2005 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Thanks guys. SHe's weak now. My aunt called all my relatives abroad to come home so that they'll be able to talk to her while she still recognizes them. My mom tells me my grandma's been calling out to her mother and that a "child" visits her now and then.

mardi, février 08, 2005 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

oh my. remember what julie was telling us about her cousin and the old man?

mardi, février 08, 2005 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

trans don't make me pee in my pants. we're talkin about grammy here. focus! focus!

mardi, février 08, 2005 8:59:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

For life in the present there is no death. Death is not an event in life. It is not a fact in the world.
-Wittgenstein

mercredi, février 09, 2005 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

she speaks! och, i missed her. didn't you?

mercredi, février 09, 2005 5:38:00 PM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Hey ennui, I hope your grandma will be fine.

jeudi, février 10, 2005 4:41:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Mussolini - Whoa ... the fascist has words from a German(?) philosopher. Thanks!

Carolvs - thanks for the well-wishes. I hope so too but I'd rather she not be hurting anymore Ü

jeudi, février 10, 2005 8:17:00 AM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

like trans said, i'm sorry for the anti-climax. hey! when are you going to treat us for dinner? we need to meet up again. we should unload some anger or boredom whatever. : )

jeudi, février 10, 2005 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

bismuth - my salary is no where near me yet and my training allowance can only accommodate a 35-peso lunch viand. The rest goes to transportation. My treat will come, but not anywhere near (or far from) Valentine's. You have boyfriends (or just boys) for this occasion. However, I do feel that we have to meet up again soon. The only catch is I don't really have anything to "unload" upon thee. If you've noticed, I haven't written any entries in the past few days. Quite simply, though felicitously, I haven't had anything to complain about Ü

vendredi, février 11, 2005 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i miss you.

vendredi, février 11, 2005 9:27:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

why do have such a cool comment page? i hate you.

vendredi, février 11, 2005 9:29:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

turns out blogger revamped all the blogs' comment pages. i'm sorry. i don't hate you. i just miss you. =)

vendredi, février 11, 2005 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Hahaha I miss u too sweetie. Sure you can "comment-whore" yourself, but only if u really want to Ü

vendredi, février 11, 2005 10:30:00 AM  
Blogger priin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Me and an old gf used to name the nameless people we met around (waiters, taxi drivers, ...), we tried give them a name that suited them well and we sometimes even called them using that name (imagine their faces when they were being called a name that wasn't theirs). It was weird and funny at the same time.
In fact most of the things with her were funny. I might call her this weekend.

Best wishes for your grandma.

vendredi, février 11, 2005 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Thanks pri! Been a while since I last heard from you. I hope u and ur friend have a great time naming the nameless! hahaha Ü

dimanche, février 13, 2005 2:27:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home