mardi, juillet 12, 2005

Vacation Leave

.
.
.

I actually wrote a very lengthy description of how fun my weekend was when my Win98 SE gave me an explorer error dialog box. Oh well, I guess I wan't meant to go on and on about it. The gist:
.
.

I met up with my college friends on Friday and we drove to Laguna to a rest house we rented at a discounted price. We spent the night eating junk food, drinking Novellino and caramel mudslide, smoking ciggies, singing to videoke songs, swimming in the cold pool water, lighting candles and katol to ward off the mosquitoes, and just having a lot of fun. We slept at around 4 in the morning, I didn't anticipate how humid our room was gonna be so I wasn't able to sleep well that night. At 9am, we prepared breakfast and then dove right in to the pool again. Had roasted chicken for lunch and dipped in the pool again. I didn't put any sunblock because I wanted to get burned. Now my back's a bit sore. It's ok though ... haven't swum in "public" for a long time. Ü
.
We left the place at 6pm and ate dinner at a Jap resto in Alabang. I scolded them for opening up at the last minute when we had the whole night to talk. Oh well, I was just happy we had a blast.
.
The next day, I went to meet up with my other college friends to watch indie digital films but it turns out there weren't any. We toured around the galleries and paintings on exhibit, ate dessert while waiting for our nurse friend. We transferred to Podium where I bought myself a coloring book, something to keep me awake at the office. (I've been nodding off more frequently these past few days)
.
I got home around 1am already after treating my nurse friend to some Chinese chow at Hap Chan where we tried to catch up after all those months of not seeing each other. It comforts me that even when a lot has changed in our lives, we're still esentially the same. Ü
.
.
.

6 Truths:

Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Yeah, it keeps you grounded, doesn't it? :)

mardi, juillet 12, 2005 2:05:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

this is it? i devote an entire paragraph to you and your contagious happiness and this is it?

i want your longer version.

mardi, juillet 12, 2005 8:04:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i want the long version, too.

mardi, juillet 12, 2005 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

carolvs - yes it does. i miss having deep conversations. since i've sobered up a bit, i've been avoidant of overanalyzing my life and other peoples' lives. now, it feels refreshing. my mind is working again. Ü

mussolini - i tried to salvage the previous post i really did! but when the explorer restarted, the paste function didn't work. i took it as a sign to keep my everything more concise.
besides, people can go to ur blog and get a better reading Ü

transience - uh you should've come. u see ur mom everyday. ;)

mercredi, juillet 13, 2005 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i can't write about that weekend. i don't know why. must be because of that turtlepie. how we analyzed its name? then we tasted it. crunchy chewy nut base then all soft and wonderful all over. and we went oooh aaaah.

mercredi, juillet 13, 2005 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Goddamn!

I envy you, I wish I could spend some time at Laguna with friends and have such an excellent time.

Even if I can't sleep myself, which is what would happen since I only sleep well when conditions are "perfect".

mercredi, juillet 20, 2005 11:38:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home