jeudi, juin 16, 2005

Boredom on a piece of paper

.
.
.
With absolutely nothing to do on a sleepy Monday afternoon, I took my BIC black ballpoint pen and started shading the letters on a printed handout I took from atop the cubicle. At the back portion, seeing a completely blank white page, I felt myself obliged to write something down -- contrived pieces of wisdom, prosaic notations about my feelings, anything that would reconstitute my ennui in a written form to keep me occupied for at least the next three hours.
.
(Forgive my cold fingers. They fail to grasp the enormity of what my ballpoint pen can do on other occasions)
.
.
.
.
1st hour-and-a-half
.
.
I willed it to stop but it wouldn't,
that which coerced an involvement
transcending a physical nature.
.
One cannot occupy space at the same time as another
given a form that needs its own planet.
Even as the Earth shifts its plates
ending the meals of flesh and molten rocks,
the air around thickens with its thoughts
a whisper for every attempt
a ghost for every dead person
reaching out into the vast distance,
a cry for the connections that linger.
.
It is without a doubt that there lives
hope inside the boiling center.
The revolutions that create their creatures,
the tenacity of longing that molds the plantations.
.
And it is here
on top of a misplaced glacier
that the willingness to stop
had been inaccurately personified.
.
.
.
.
2nd hour-and-a-half
.
.
I willed it to stop
how fruits keep their sweetness on the second bite
when their skins had already been peeled off ,
freshly exposing the grainy detail of their tissues.
Without skins, most fruits have the same color, unshapely,
that become brown and mature with the air.
.
I hold on to the seeds that were fastened
to the ovaries, planning
to bury them beside my own grave.
They would live on my hands and grow strong
like my bones,
they would cling to my ribs when the young roots
wrap themselves around the soil below my sternum.
.
A new tree shall bear new fruits
and they will feed on the graves of other men.
.
.
.

12 Truths:

Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

My greatest fear would be to waste away bed-ridden like a quadriplegic, not being able to move myself by my own will, anything that has me stare at agony in the face.

The other's have got their own reasons. As for me, I'm simply out of inspiration these days ... sigh :-\

samedi, juin 18, 2005 2:53:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

even when you are uninspired, you still write beautiful poetry. i haven't finished a poem in ages.

samedi, juin 18, 2005 8:53:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

trans - you are the poetry

samedi, juin 18, 2005 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger paningitin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i've never seen anyone do so much with boredom and bic. heh. must be the weather.

i'll be a good scout and leave you and trans alone. ciao!

samedi, juin 18, 2005 7:46:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

paningit - I'm sure the guys from JACKASS can do much more ... :D

dimanche, juin 19, 2005 12:42:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

hahaha i actually own a dvd of JACKASS THE MOVIE :) promise me you'll come to my place in a moment of boredom so we can watch it and not feel so sorry for ourselves

dimanche, juin 19, 2005 7:24:00 AM  
Blogger slim whalein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i wish i, too, could fart such beautiful words during my moments of ennui.

lundi, juin 20, 2005 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

did i ever tell you that i LOVE how you write? one day, i'm gonna get your brain and put it in my head. hehehe.

mardi, juin 21, 2005 6:51:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

mardi, juin 21, 2005 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

mussolini - to be reinvited into ur secret sanctuary is a privilege, to watch an ingenuous film at a moment of boredom is a tremendous honor.

slim whale - i will comment on ur comment in a new post Ü

rain - THANK YOU. it means a lot to be appreciated by a fellow writer who also finds meaning in the puddles that collect after a rich rainfall.

if you took my brain and put it in your head, i'm sorry but i'm gonna have to enjoy walking around in your body ;)

mardi, juin 21, 2005 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

ennui and rain> harharhar :) that exchange between the two of you makes me smile, even when i don't want to

mercredi, juin 22, 2005 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

oh my. this reminds me how much i miss your poems. i so envy you. my writing sucks these days. perhaps a bic ballpen can do me good too.

mercredi, juin 22, 2005 2:07:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home