mercredi, mai 18, 2005

Scenes from the beach

.

Today
Today
I saw a man
using an empty whiskey flask
as a walkie-talkie …

.
8 Ball by Underworld
.

.
.
On the 3rd day while eating breakfast alone, I saw a man light his cigarette using a grill. He simply dipped the open end of the stick unto one of the hot coals and as soon as the filter touched his lips, he started to puff. Who needs a lighter anyway?
.
.

It had rained hard the 2nd day and I was out by the hallway listening to The Doors. Down by the pool, there were 2 middle-aged Arab men fooling around with 3 locals in their swimsuits. Fooling around in the water, under the rain, one guy puffing up his hookah. It reminded me of the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland for obvious reasons.
.
.
The 1st night, the 3 of us were under the bright stars on a moonless night. I was smoking, trying to rekindle how it was during my first visit there. It wasn’t the same. The shooting stars did not mean a good wish. I could hear the music playing at a distance. There were 2 friends beside me agreeing to disagree. The air was very humid but I knew I'll miss it.
.
.

On our last night, I initiated a pitcher order of spiked liquor. We were laughing the first part, having taken in too much too soon. Then things started getting hazy, for me at least. One friend took off and walked through the shores. I felt like purging my dinner in front of 3 Korean teenagers. My other friend accompanied me back to the hotel room where I fell asleep the moment I reached the bed.

.
.
It became clear what directions we were going.

.

5 Truths:

Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i like this vagueness you have going on.

mercredi, mai 18, 2005 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I agree with Mussolini, you story telling is quite inticing.

More! More!

No! Wait!

What the heck are you doing blogging from the beach????!!!!

mercredi, mai 18, 2005 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

so many lines to read between...

mercredi, mai 18, 2005 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger paningitin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

everybody needs a lighter. trust me.

jeudi, mai 19, 2005 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

mussolini - i always thought i was ambiguous. vagueness makes me sound too, umm, scattered.

blex - i WISH i were blogging from the beach. i'm supposed to go back this weekend but schedule does not permit. oh well ...

transience - and yet the mere of tracing of words is a daunting task in itself

jax - i was hoping for something better though. nothing changed in 2 years.

paningit - i believe you. in our office building alone, people always ask to borrow my lighter every now and then. i'm like, quit this whole "i'm a social smoker so i don't have a lighter" bullcrap. magkano lang ba yun?!

jeudi, mai 19, 2005 10:47:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home