dimanche, mai 22, 2005

The weekends ...

.
.
.
"Sorry for the late hug. We have a choice not to hate idle time, no matter how dreadful it is to wait for the call that would never come. It's time for a cool change. Ü"
.
-- texted by a cool friend
.
.
.
I spent almost half of Saturday in the house, slightly going crazy over the heat (Oh my god! There are two birds mating beside my window and I wasn't quick enough to take a video of it ... sh*t! Sh*t!)
.
Anyway, I decided to meet up with my friend at a nearby mall. I was early so I chose to roam around for whatever's available on my list -- new sandals (the old ones are too shabby now), button-down shirts for work, a new pair of shorts (because I have to clip the old ones just so they'd fit), a pair of underwear (same as previous), a ring perhaps, and a cheap leather watch for work.
.
I started with the shoes, err, sandals. I hate the new styles now. They're too, I dunno ... fashionista? I was looking for the strappy types that can be worn casually but can also be used with a bit more semi-fomal attire. Nada. I went gaga over shoes. So much to buy, no money to waste on them. Sigh. I got into this clothes store called GQ, locally-manufactured clothes with imported branding. They were on a clearance sale and so I dove into their racks for all the button-downs I can muster. After all, if they were selling shirts at P200 each, where those would sell at at least P400 on regular days. I stayed there all afternoon.
.
My friend, who couldn't find me, decided to go home. I apologize. I know you hate shopping and waiting on shoppers.
.
My shirt spree ended at around 7:30pm. I then walked around to search on the "others" on my list. I tried on stainless steel rings, but all of 'em were too tight. I actually felt scared I wouldn't be able to take them off after trying them on. That's probably how newly weds feel like when they slip on to try the ring before the actual ceremony. I checked on watches but the ones I liked were costly. Ugh ... the price of having expensive taste (mussolini and I share the same burden hahaha)
.
Moving forward, my money gone, I looked for a pair of shorts. There was a nice pair I saw but I decided to buy another time. Maybe next Friday when I get my salary or something. So there, I did everything on my to-do list for shopping Ü
.
.
It's Sunday. I'm home. I don't wanna spend, and yet I still wanna go out. Ho-boy ... the weekends ...
.
.
.

7 Truths:

Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

(Continuation...)

So I DID go out (with Nikita) and ended up spening A LOT MORE than what I did yesterday. I bought a poetry book in this bookstore where I met up with a filmmaker friend. He recently quit his job to pursue directing full-time while taking up MA Literature. We talked around the Fiction section. I actually had a feeling I'd meet him there. Serendipity, if you can call it that.

Then I got myself a pair of pants again at Celio. It was on sale. (But really at that price IT WASN'T). Holy shit, I was just telling Nikita how I shouldn't be spening anything more till next week.

We ate dinner at Kitchen, a margarita to toast our singledom away, during which a group of people were checking us out ;)

We rode the cab home coz it was raining. When she got down her house, the driver confesses to me that he used to work for Nikita's uncle, which was a good explanation why he knew where to drop Nikita off. I tried to endulge in chit-chat, something I NEVER do with cab drivers because I feel it's a ploy to get one to leave a bigger tip. Anyway, near City Hall, he tells me he's out of gas and had me change cabs. Geez ... just when I thought we were getting to know each other so well, he runs out of fuel.

The travesty of my dating life. Har har har

Anyway, I get home safe naman and tried on my new pair of pants again. Just to make myself feel better about overspending on branded clothes.

Futragis ... vanity and shallowness go together.

lundi, mai 23, 2005 12:37:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

tailored pants make your legs look leaner. though i don't think you have any problem with that. but i still believe it was money well-spent. that's what i tell myself after spending 10 grand in one go.

lundi, mai 23, 2005 9:35:00 AM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

therapy! so what's the ring for? never seen you wear one before.

lundi, mai 23, 2005 6:41:00 PM  
Blogger slim whalein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Haven’t seen birds do it before. Maybe you should set up by your window a camera that has a birdie horniness sensor and that will automatically roll once they start fucking.

‘just speaking my perverted mind. J

mardi, mai 24, 2005 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

mardi, mai 24, 2005 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

ugh....the agony of knowing designer. we will get there, ennui. someday, we will never have to think twice about buying hermes belts, or vera wang socks. of course we will be forty by then, and designer won't look as good on us as it would now.

mardi, mai 24, 2005 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

transience - 10 grand in one go? Umm that's like my whole month's salary bet on a losing thoroughbred

jax - I guess anything that makes you feel sexy is worth buying. Ask trans. She knows a lot about these things

bismuth - nothing really. my hands look bare.

slim whale - Birds are cute when they're mating. Very staccato. LOL Horniness radar with a video camera? Is this the same mechanism they used with Paris Hilton? Hahahaha

mussolini - heaven forbid you'd still be exposing your navel or have rebonded platinum blond hair like Donatella Versace! And I'll be like, Liberace or something ...

Hahahahahahaha

mercredi, mai 25, 2005 1:02:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home