mercredi, août 31, 2005

everyone's been quiet ...

.
.
.
The cigarette smoke was like praise
a musty offering of incense from my lungs.
Its scent, inextricably bound to my origins
growing out like braided hair to the scalp.
The roots were the erected foundations of a house
where I live my days like an offering
to a congregation of silent enlistments.
.
.
The holy water was what I drank
thirsty like a heretic on the verge of believing;
I made believe it cleansed me of my cleanliness,
having denounced my longing to the scent of egregiousness.
The scent, I thought, coming from an erected strand of incese.
.
.
This was a new religion to explore
the pungent smoke leaking the breath of lighted ends,
a praise for the gods, a seething of wisdom
buried under a bed of prayers and burdens;
their advice that went past the theory of solutions.
.
.
Unfortunately, I am unmistakably deterministic
a man without a philosophy on his adventures.
.
.
.

4 Truths:

Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

this makes me feel a bit out of the loop looking at all the awesome sights passing me by.

mercredi, août 31, 2005 4:12:00 PM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I took my last drag yesterday. I am giving them up today. I have a little band to remind me, a miniature yellow Livestrong elastic that I wear on my left thumb, wearing it on the hand that held the sticks each day for 10 years.

vendredi, septembre 02, 2005 3:38:00 AM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

So let it out and let it in, hey, Jude, begin
You're waiting for someone to perform with
And don't you know that it's just you, hey, Jude,
You'll do, the movement you need is on your shoulder

vendredi, septembre 02, 2005 1:28:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

transience - it's me that's out of the loop, not u dear trans.

carolvs - good for u sir. i tried lessening on the death sticks last month and it just got me eating a lot more, drinking more coffee, and ... sigh ... smoking a lot more.

bismuth - so true. that's why i try not to consciously look for someone to "perform" with. if the movement comes along, then i'd have my shoulder pat Ü

lundi, septembre 05, 2005 1:03:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home