jeudi, août 28, 2008

Migration



It's not new to be hearing about Filipinos going to other countries for better opportunities. It's not new to be reminded how progressively difficult the living conditions have become in the Philippines. But it's the same happening all over the world, I try to convince myself, people are all experiencing the economic slump caused by the wars and the sudden increase in fuel prices.


I am convinced though that there are more opportunities abroad and that in order for my life to gain impetus, I would need to leave my home country and try it out somewhere else.


I'm afraid that ship has sailed. At 29 going 30, I still have not accumulated enough work experience to get me a good job past being a call center agent or a waiter in another country. I know it's not too late and all that shit, it's just that I'm more afraid to start over now that I'm older than when I first graduated from college. I had all this angst, this rage of nervous energy willing to be propelled into the shores of America. Now, I only have learned to tone down. A small business here in the country would suffice.


Only 2 days since I arrived from my vacation in Bangkok, I'm already thinking of migration. I know it would be different if I were to live there. I miss the sweet fruits, the shopping districts, the hawker stalls and the people. The whole city is so alive!


But really, you already know the reason for this sadness because I've been ranting about it months now.


I need money! I want to lay on a bed of blank checks and crisp sheets of 500s! I want coin fountains on my foyer, my own accountant, a swiss bank account, royalty and royalties, my own country!!! I want so much of it I'd get bored not knowing where to spend my money on. I want that to be my problem, not where my career is going.


Sigh ...



Quo vadis Ennui??



6 Truths:

Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

whenever i come home from a trip abroad i always think about living in another country. but after a few week,the nagging desire to leave goes away. manila is also a very exciting city - this was what i learned from australian clients who came to visit and wanted ti live here. life is easier here. maybe we just take it for granted.

lundi, septembre 01, 2008 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Maybe we just need to see more progress for a change. More good news than depressing ones I guess.

But really, pera lang naman katapat ng whining ko.

lundi, septembre 01, 2008 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

hey blog about your bangkok trip naman! i want to see your litratos.

mercredi, septembre 03, 2008 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

¿los litratos? Bangkok is my next blog project, as in I just burned the cd of pictures and videos this morning, which is why I'm late for work.

mercredi, septembre 03, 2008 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

mussolini's right. the grass always seems greener on the other side, but when you come to think of it, manila is great.

jeudi, septembre 04, 2008 6:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

experiencing life in other countries always appeals exciting at first, but like muss, the excitement dies the moment i think i've seen enough. in all the few and brief travels i did, i always missed manila. coming home always brings a happy feeling.

martin, there's no place like home.

mardi, septembre 09, 2008 8:11:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home