mercredi, octobre 25, 2006

Another month in passing

.
.
.
I met up with my college cohorts last Friday to catch up on old times. It has been about 8 months since I've last seen them, on the account of being busy every weekend spending the little amount of time I have with my crumpet. I guess I fell silent because there was so much to talk about that I didn't know where to start, and they were well acquainted with each other that I felt left out in a way. They're still the same people -- fun, eloquent, in-your-face, endearing -- whereas I, I've become rather reticent assuming a life without melodrama or much complication. They seem so out of reach with their kickass careers, their transient lovers, their psycho stalkers and branded loafers. I guess you can say there was a little bit of envy, for as much as I'd like to keep myself in this quietude, my Aquarian-ness reminds me there's so much to reinvent or discover. Indeed, life awaits and mine should move forward with a new career plan.
.
.
Boredom sets in once again but thank Diwali it's not a self-destructive type of ennui. It's one that seeks a change from the true-form routine of being in a 2pm-11:30pm job. I don't fret going to work yet when I'm there this incredible dullness creeps in through my socks and reminds me to follow my break schedule, to come to work early, to do my work because I'm paid to do so, to get through the day ready for the next 4. In truth I am content but not "happy" happy, if you know what I mean.
.
.
But seriously, should there be a difference?
.
.
.

9 Truths:

Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i got the loafers on sale, bismuth has not exhaled in a year because her career is constantly on 180kph, and {} fears for her life. TRUST ME. where you are now is a great place to be. i know you won't last long in your state of contentment (who does?), but ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN.

mercredi, octobre 25, 2006 7:57:00 AM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

It's in our nature never be satisfied, cynical I know, but the truth as well, trust me...

jeudi, octobre 26, 2006 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

the trouble with not meeting up often enough is that things tend to be glossed over. we give summaries with quick backgrounds. solution: let's meet or talk more often. then the friends who once were more than careers and loafers and lovers will become friends who like before were flesh, heart and mind, and soul.

vendredi, octobre 27, 2006 4:07:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

(sniff) thanks for these comments guys ... i am truly enlightened, nay, touched. i often get caught up in the niceties of daily living, more intensified when done over like a failed grade level.

yes we should indeed see each other more often ... that includes you too ninjato Ü

mardi, octobre 31, 2006 2:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

we get to choose how much difference it makes..

vendredi, novembre 03, 2006 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i agree with guile. the difference depends on you. besides, we can't be happy all of the time. it's like constantly using exclamation points in sentences that the words inevitably lose the hype. it's good to be content with intermittent bouts of happiness. moments like these on your comment board proves that, i guess.

mardi, novembre 07, 2006 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

everybody is being so wise here, so i'll go the other way. just for intrigue.

you looked hot in your shirt. ha.

mercredi, novembre 08, 2006 1:53:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

guile - I still choose to be content. been thru the rough road and don't wanna be going back Ü

-raindrops- - Hey there! Haven't heard from you in a while! I have a new cell# by the way. had my old line cut off.

{illyria} - Which shirt are u talkin about? How did the blotter thing go?

vendredi, novembre 10, 2006 2:17:00 AM  
Blogger :..M..:in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Ah..I know what this post is talking about. My college friends are all settling down - jobs, marriage, lovers, children - and I'm still waiting for funding for my PhD!! Feels like everyone's having a fantastic life except me - I'm at peace, but not happy. And remember? This is India: I should've been married by now!

jeudi, novembre 23, 2006 9:36:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home