mardi, août 01, 2006

Before and After

.
.
.
Okay so I went through a bit of an image overhaul the past year and my life has changed for the better. The theory that changing the way you look changes the way you feel about yourself does hold some bearing. But of course, it doesn't solve everything, and deep down I know that although I've underwent from XL to M, there are still some things about me that have remained the same size. I can't really go into detail right now because a lot of it is what others observe of me and hence with this new adventure, I'm limited to what other people perceive and my awareness or denial of its existence in my life.
.
.
Just recently, my crumpet asked me why I'm so pessimistic. I don't really know. I used to be this bubbly (pun intended) guy who always looked at the bright side of everything, who knew he could take on any challenge and rise to the occasion. I don't know where that guy went. Perhaps the loss of wishy-washy idealism left him only soap suds of hopes and dreams, in his mind, a before and after snapshot that only causes him to get more depressed the more time passes him by.
.
.
I'm not depressed, but I do feel some sort of urgency, a need to hurry up and leave the excess baggage behind. After all, travel should be lighter losing all that weight, the foreign immigration would agree. But somehow, I'm still holding on to my past, fearing the new future that has opened up. I'm 27 nearing 30 and still working rank and file, earning enough to get me through rent and the bills. No credit card, no checking account or time deposit or insurance or pension plans.
.
.
But I do have my life, my freedom, my options, my health (for now), and someone who loves me for who I am (or who I've become) ... most of the things I've aimed at achieving the past year. I have taken on the challenges and came through. Maybe I am optimistic, just need to believe it again ...
.
.
.

5 Truths:

Blogger r3dguyin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

.ennui,

.to me you're still the same. i could recognize the real you no matter how many layers of change you have decided to go through. i've always known the you can face your challenges and "rise up to the occasion", and that's what endears you to me. the years have given you several points of view but in the end, there's one that stands out: for you, the future is what's important, and you do everything to meet your goals. your current predicament is nothing but a blister on your foot. look at the rest of your body, it's still healthy.

.enough for mushiness. what i'm saying is that stay happy. and when you're in doubt, i am / we are just an sms away.

mardi, août 01, 2006 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger paningitin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

you posted about dogs just like rain. yipee! no, wait. it ain't about dogs.

from XL to M? wow! how the fuckityfuckfuck did you do that? me wanna learn. me wanna learn.

mardi, août 01, 2006 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger JiJain a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

"but I do feel some sort of urgency, a need to hurry up and leave the excess baggage behind"

-yeah, tell me about it! seems like the more in a hurry we are, the more time it takes to get to wherever we wanna go. and so i use these words yet again...patience is a virtue...well..i'm all out of it...care to share some?

mercredi, août 02, 2006 5:26:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

let's have a mature panic attack together. it will be fun.

jeudi, août 03, 2006 8:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

hey, you can send these pics to www.cuteoverload.com :)..

jeudi, août 31, 2006 8:41:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home