mardi, juin 13, 2006

It's still summer after all ...

.
.
.
Finally, I've been getting some sleep. Finally, I can wiggle my toes in the heat of the morning, happy to wake up after a good 6 or 7 hours rest. And perhaps reading off the first 3 or 4 forwarded text messages from my father and a good morning message from my love, my friends ... more than makes up for that wretched 1 month in the graveyard shift.
.
.
Yes, I do love that silly thing now. That which occupies my mind 24-7 for the past 6 months we've been together. Numbers, numbers. It's still summer after all and I'm allowed to count the drops of rain that fall, however few they are.
.
.
Thank you Rain for making me aware of the unexpurgated cynicism I throw upon myself.
.
.
I am optimistic that even when the heavy rains come pouring in the next few months, I will be sleeping soundly in my bed. And if I'm lucky, I won't be sleeping single.
.
.
.

4 Truths:

Blogger paningitin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

try downing a couple of beers before you go to bed, man. that'll help you sleep better. but don't forget to empty your bladder before you snooze.

mardi, juin 13, 2006 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I guess at some point, cynicism is a very hard trait to identify and more importantly admit to. By the way, is the thursday/friday thing till your schedule or can I crash that thrusday dinner you have planned with transience or reschedule with you, me thinks we will have quite a lengthy conversation, and yes I will be at the sale, but it will be for work (mostly, anyway) so not sure if we will get a chance to talk then...

mercredi, juin 14, 2006 12:16:00 AM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

we're only human, sweetie. :)

enjoy your zzz's (and the company that goes with it). :) mwah!

mercredi, juin 14, 2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger JiJain a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I like it when it rains. My tears mix in with the raindrops and I can smile and everybody thinks I am just fine :)

Sleeping soundly to the pitter patter of the rain on the roof is as good as it gets...

And like you, with any luck, I hope to hear the gentle breathing of a warm body beside me...

mardi, juin 20, 2006 1:32:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home