dimanche, janvier 22, 2006

Forewarned

.
.
.
It has been rather weird since the full moon on the 13th of Friday and I must say the residual effects of its afterglow still linger to haunt the dazed.
.
I did a bad thing by overanalyzing my situation with Toper and worrying how I don't have anything concrete to call how we are or what we share, I badgered him with a few confrontational messages and wanted a reply or at least some comfort in knowing that if we choose to let go, it wouldn't hurt as much. I don't know why I had to ruin our meeting the next day but somehow, I'm kinda glad it happened -- my neurotic ways -- because I got it out of my system and I at least got an honest and concrete answer from him. It was our 7th meeting yesterday and although things are still blurry as where things are going, I've been taking advice from people to just enjoy the moment and appreciate what I have than worry about what I don't. I just find it difficult to do because I definitely enjoy the simple things, but when it comes to dealing with emotions and the need to be serious in certain situations, I need to know what I invest in won't be put to waste. That's just how I am, I can't enjoy something if I know it won't amount to anything enjoyable in the end. Weird ... All I can say is, I'm in no shape to handle any personal tragedies right now. I don't know how I'll take it and what kind of drastic changes I'll be going through in my life again.
.
Today I learned that my dear friends in another department had been laid off from work. What I hear is that it's because of the new management under Verizon and they're cutting down on redundancy. It's just unfair how they were only told yesterday and just like that, they were asked to pack their bags and go home at that moment. Talk about job security ...
.
Which got me thinking about my own job. I woke up late today and had to apply for a halfday sick leave because I wanted to save up on my sick leaves. I totally FORGOT that today's a critical work day since it's payday Friday yesterday and we're prohibited from being absent on the Sat-Sun-Mon following. So there, in the coming days I shall be getting my first Focus Alert for being absent on a critical workday, this on my employment anniversary and just 10 days shy of my 27th birthday.
.
The truth is, after a fun weekend, I've been brought back to reality so abruptly and the need to be more focused. While reviewing my current status on the job, I discovered that after being absent for half a day last week, I only have just half a day sick leave credit available today. Had I chose not to go to work the whole day, I would've gotten myself 2 Focus Alerts instead of just 1, and that would bring me a step closer to termination!
.
So there ... a fair warning for me. Try to enjoy what I have even if I perceive it to be pointless, yet be cautious that my point of view won't stray too far from the ground (or look into myself too deeply).
.
.
.

7 Truths:

Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Sometimes we all have to have some sort of assurance to feel secure, and to some degree I can relate to your being "segurista" in the sense that most of the time I do believe that something is not worth having or worked on if in the end it will amount to nothing, however sometimes it is good to just let things go and enjoy the ride too even if the destination is somewhat uncertain, on that end, I must agree with your other friends, at this point just relax and enjoy yourself...

dimanche, janvier 22, 2006 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

wow, sparks. i had no idea. but you'll get by, you always have. you've a knack for getting yourself out of sticky situations and still milking the moment (pardon the pun) for all it's worth.

dimanche, janvier 22, 2006 8:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

.ika nga ni ginang josue: kailangan mo ng POKUS!

lundi, janvier 23, 2006 9:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i knew it!

mardi, janvier 31, 2006 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

ninjato - i am trying really hard to do just that, but i find that when something is really important to me, it's more stressful to try to enjoy than to be completely apathetic about it or keep it out of sight for a while. it's still a learning experience Ü

transience - hmm ... i hope you're right. sometimes i barely get by and it's possibly just sheer luck

r3dguy - yup! Hokus-Pokus.


chris - you knew what? pls elucidate

jeudi, février 02, 2006 4:22:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

this corporate slavery is unacceptable.

lundi, février 06, 2006 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

ur first step towards the emancipation of mussolini is truly inspiring. i do hope i get to do the same within the next 3 months

mardi, février 07, 2006 12:53:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home