mardi, mars 14, 2006

Periods and Paroxysms

.
.
.
I have been very busy the past few days. In fact, it's been a whole month since my last entry and although I've come to be online everynow and then, I never felt the urge nor the focus to zone in to writing even just a unremarkable piece about the remarkable events that have been happening in my life right now. However, just as I begin writing this as if it would become longwinded and satisfactorily thorough, I am reminded once more that my priorities have already changed and that wherever this takes me, I'd like to coerce myself to sit back and enjoy the ride.
.
.
How and where do I start? Seems to always be the challenge for me ...
.
.
After exactly two months of going on meaningful dates every Friday or Saturday night, we've finally decided to formalize our friendship into a relationship last February 19. For the most part, I don't exactly know how to describe what I feel at the moment. It's not an ecstatic high that I've first thought I'd experience. I mean, it's not like I got engaged or anything. It was very quiet, very mature. We just thought it was time.
.
.
We've had a couple of disagreements, the second one kinda got me scared because I felt I was ruining everything by being paranoid and overanalytical. I thought at first it was a seasonal thing. That the full moon was out to sabotage me. I thought it was the longing, of not being able to meet up more often than once a week due to our weird schedules. But then I realized how my worries were caused by fear. Perhaps I didn't want to admit that I'm slowly falling for this person. That I'm entering a new territory ... that of reciprocated affection.
.
.
Is this what love is? How come it's not mushy or nauseatingly cheesy like I expected?
.
.
I guess I'm always different. We entered into a relationship without having said "I love you," perhaps secure (or reckless) enough to think we would follow through.
.
.
It's only five days to go before our third month together, a whole month since we confirmed our commitment, and I can finally sleep with a smile because I know someone out there is thinking about me in the same way.
.
.
.

5 Truths:

Blogger Empress Kaiserinin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

hmmm... i miss being IN love... i don't remember how it feels that's why i can't answer your question (although my opinion won't matter huh?) just the same, enjoy the feeling, whatever that is...

mardi, mars 14, 2006 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

oh my :)

vendredi, mars 17, 2006 12:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

...and so he falls,... in love.

good luck, and enjoy the ride!

chris

vendredi, mars 17, 2006 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

love? oh that four letter word. we should have coffee soon.

samedi, mars 25, 2006 2:46:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

saint eroica - well i don't know either how being IN love also feels like and how it differs from infatuation or the like. i'm taking it slow and i'm taking ur advice to enjoy the feeling, whatever it is ... Ü

mussolini - hope you're ok. so sorry wasn't able to visit :(

chris - thanks!

bismuth - indeed we should. it's long overdue!

lundi, mars 27, 2006 1:20:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home