mardi, janvier 31, 2006

Horse

.
.
.
012805
.
.
.
And in this way I grasp the ropes
that secure the gentle thoroughbred,
an error acted on my part
for it hadn't been running away.
My fear of loss, I fear
had spurned the need for gain.
So to this I ask curiously,
"How does one communicate
with something that isn't blind
or alters itself inconspicuously
as if it were a bad vice?
How does one tame a beast
whose heart had been hurt
yet for all those chains and turns
continues to seek its tamer?"
With this I withdraw my straddling
and I ask not without opportunity.
After all, I have yet to learn the ropes
of fair game and hurtful rules,
this race so futile and so ghastly,
its play of emotions, its charms none the luckier.
Everyone counts on their chance bets,
their shining victory that walks on losses:
A dream knight mare appearing in their faded sleep,
sweeping them off their jaded feet.
.
.
.

2 Truths:

Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i want someone who can sweep me off my jaded feet. now.

mercredi, février 01, 2006 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i put up a new blog that's even lamer than the first. http://laptop-in-a-prada.blogspot.com

lundi, février 06, 2006 2:54:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home