mercredi, juillet 05, 2006

Memories

.
.
.

Settling for. I remember not so long ago a close friend of mine disclosed that he thought I was settling for a relationship with anyone, specifically, the one I'm with right now. He said that I complained too much about what the differences I had with my crumpet and that if I'm so unhappy I should move on. I remember also, just the other week, how a close colleague told me that maybe I'm just afraid of being single again and going through my very first break up. I remember also during my conversation with Ninjato that I can't get myself into a relationship looking for another me; a clone of my neurotic self who knows exactly what goes on in my mind and reacts in the same way as I do and would react accordingly to all my needs the moment the mood permits. They may all be correct. Maybe I am settling for any decent partner that comes my way. But I don't think I'm settling. I know the treasure I found and I intend to keep it.
.
.

Settling with. Perhaps it's love. Perhaps it's the high of being in a prolonged emotional experience with another person. Perhaps it's the years of neurosis caused by a perceived parental deficiency. Even if I can be needy and extremely self-conscious sometimes, it doesn't mean I would lose my head over it. I know how much I love my crumpet and I know, a few months ago, that I fell in love. I still am but it is less urgent, less obsessive now. I know there's a difference between love and falling in love, the latter being more fleeting.
.
.
Settling out. Once in a full moon (or more accurately once every week) my lack of sleep, lack of attention, lack of mental stimulation, and a periodic lack of sex make my hormones and proteins act up, which predictably gets me in a whiny mode. And it doesn't help that the future of our relationship rests on the triteness and timeliness of text messages. This I have to settle out. Then again, we've become so acquainted with the constant miscommunication that it's become weird if we don't have one every now and then.
.
.

Settling on. A bigger phone bill. More vacation leaves. Eating on the same side. Holding hands in the movies. Stealing kisses when no one's looking. Writing emails. Texting emoticons. Holding back the longing. There's only room for a mature commitment.
.
.

Settling down. Not in the near future. Not when every week thoughts of breaking up run amock when I'm breaking down. Not when I feel joy and pain in the same yet opposing intensity. Not when I'd settle for memories when I can still create more of them.
.
.
.

7 Truths:

Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Good for you, and screw whatever everyone else says. Like I told you before, in the end its how you feel that matters. I'm glad that in this insane place that we call reality, you have at least had and still have some measure of happiness, and hope that it continues for a long time...

jeudi, juillet 06, 2006 1:11:00 AM  
Blogger JiJain a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

why is the term "settle" used? Why would you say you "settled?" Is it because for a single fraction of a second time stopped, and the earth stopped, and the moment seemed like more than a moment? Dare I say "settle" because I fear that movement could take away that which I've managed to grasp? I settled. But then again, it could be equated with contentment. And sometimes settling is good. Sometimes it's even amazing. And if you're lucky, it may just take your breath away.

jeudi, juillet 06, 2006 8:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

beautiful entry :)..

vendredi, juillet 07, 2006 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i miss talking to you. let's have coffee. text me when.

lundi, juillet 10, 2006 1:17:00 PM  
Blogger paningitin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

uy, in lababo!

mardi, juillet 18, 2006 4:17:00 PM  
Blogger :..M..:in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

That added some insight into my own life, actually. I had to re-read some parts and see if (however, vaguely) there were any similarities in my relationship. I think the falling in love and loving someone part was rather accurate.

Like your 'psycho-babble' - as my friends call it! I'm a psychologist, so I tend to make note of these things!

vendredi, juillet 21, 2006 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

ninjato - thanks dude. i think happiness exists everywhere, one just has to consciously look for it. and it's true when you say screw whatever everyone else says coz in the end, only you are responsible for your own decisions.

now if only i can apply what i said to my own life more often. hehehe


jija - at the time i wrote this entry, i was unsure of the exact definition the term "settle" had for me, hence i tried exploring it using varied prepositions to bring out its meaning.


guile - thank you :)


bismuth - i'm sorry i wasn't able to join you guys during transience's birthday. i couldn't afford to be absent on that weekend. i'll make it up next time Ü


a-hole! - what do you mean? i don't get it. lababo? huh?? (scratches head)


:..m..: - wow a psychologist! my frustration in my young life. feel free to insert your "psycho-babble" on me. hope to hear more. being an aquarian, i'm all about understanding human behavior Ü

vendredi, juillet 28, 2006 4:33:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home