mercredi, novembre 19, 2008

From Predisposed to Predisposing



Think: Procrastinating the urge to procrastinate. Think of a paradox that can take organization to a higher level, like Einstein to nuclear physics or Martin Margiela to deconstruction techniques.

As I write this, I have a million jobs pending on my list, however since I am but a gopher and required to delegate my tasks to other people, I have no choice but to wait for them to finish whatever it is they're finishing up on. I've already made 3 separate to-do lists and thrown the old ones. Reminisced about my Kuala Lumpur trip and typed it in the egroup too. My mind's numbing a bit but I tell myself to enjoy these downtimes amidst the stress of deadlines.

And it is here that I've come to a realization -- I am not in control of my life. My desk appears neat, but it's really just a bunch of organized mess.

There are a lot of things I can make do without -- unanswered crossword cutouts from old newspapers, empty folders labeled "Other Files," unlabeled envelopes containing scratch papers that came from the "Other Files" folder, and stuff like that, stuff that don't matter now.

But why do I hold on to them? I guess it's probably because they're not mine to throw away.

And so to the things that I can, I've come to formulate my new New Year's resolution :

Pre-dispose.


Dispose of the garbage I don't need and deal with the stuff that I have before they become "garbage" -- my new percolator, my new shoes, my new clothes, troublesome friends, bad habits, weight gained, recurring dreams; to pre-dispose of what would possibly need disposing.

Am I making any sense?

I need to go through my life and make an inventory, to choose which things I would no longer need 6 months from now. Throw them away before they ever need to be thrown out.

But then again, who could be as future-oriented? In a time of crisis, everyone's keeping a tight grip. Would it be suicidal to let go? Would facing the pain now make it easier to accept the eventual decay of the world?

Perhaps those chain-smoking anorexic models had it right all along : lighter is better.



6 Truths:

Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

you want to dispose of probable garbage before they become full-fledged garbage. i love it. very efficient. you are a guru.

jeudi, novembre 20, 2008 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I totally agree with this way of thinking...It's actually something I am trying to do with my life as well, although my disorganization is also a bit of a problem as well...

dimanche, novembre 23, 2008 8:40:00 PM  
Blogger paningitin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

5S! hehehe

jeudi, décembre 11, 2008 4:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!

vendredi, janvier 23, 2009 4:28:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

you haven't updated in such a long time that you're now getting spam comments.

mercredi, janvier 28, 2009 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i know!! hahahahaha

don't worry, i'll try to post something soon. i have 2 other blogs kasi so i'll just repost some of the stuff and post the links here i suppose

jeudi, janvier 29, 2009 11:03:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home