samedi, août 15, 2015

WLB




So this week is the first time I had to travel with my colleagues to two separate locations, one in the south and the next up north, and although it is fun, it is also draining.  At my age, I am trying my best to catch up on missed opportunities and things I was too afraid to do.  I don't know if it's just me but I always feel there isn't enough time in a day to do everything that needs to be done.  Admittedly I am inefficient with many areas of my life and I have come to accept this as one of my limitations.  I find that a big chunk of my time goes to hanging out in chatrooms, trying to fill the empty spaces during quiet moments and sleeping late despite having work the next day.  It is what it is ... I am at an age where I would like be in a relationship again and to be reminded of how nice it is to have someone fuss over me and make me feel special, to give me that feeling of excitement when I wake up in the morning and find text messages that make me smile.  

It is very difficult to keep a good work-life balance.  For instance this week, I could not find the time to run.  I was only able to put in two discrete sessions of dumbbell lifting as my exercise regimen.  And in the two separate trips I was able to meet two individuals that made my trip more memorable.  I plan to do this more often because I need to learn to be less afraid to meet people and to open myself to other possibilities while I wait for that special someone.  After all I am still single and I have no obligations to anyone, except maybe to my boss.  


I know it is frowned upon when one mixes pleasure with business, but under the circumstances I just don't have the time when I'm not traveling.  I plan to make the most out of life before time runs out and I am left with regrets...