mardi, février 17, 2015

Curds and Whey




While I was in the turd parlor last night doing my business, it suddenly dawned on me that throughout the drama of my life I had somehow lost the humor in my writing.  When I think about the stuff I used to post on my former blog and my past few entries here, the writing is so vapid and often self-absorbed.  Well it is MY blog anyway, and I do as I damn well please.  But yeah, since right now I'm on an updraft of positive movement in my life, I may as well capitalize on adding a bit more humor into this Prothiaden Adventure.

So, after meeting up with this rice scientist in the south, a sorry excuse for a valentine's date I know, I have firmly resolved to not eat rice anymore, up until I got caught in major traffic down the expressway and munched on cassava chips that I refused to accept as my dinner.  It seems that everyone's swearing off on rice these days and if even a rice scientist isn't eating rice anymore ... then shouldn't there be a reformulation of the prescribed daily diet?  Like instead of spending on rice research, why not put more emphasis on the study of other grains like wheat or quinoa?  It has the potential to eliminate the need to smuggle rice and monopolize the rice industry.  Or maybe focus on corn?  It makes me wonder how many varieties of corn we used to have in this country and now there's only 2 -- the Japanese sweet corn and the native white corn.  Or why not a study on local production of whey protein since it seems to be the fad these days?

On a high note, having a regular schedule as given me a bit of structure.  I enjoy waking up early and feeling purposive, compared to waking up early and not knowing what the fuck I should be doing, hence the feeling that I'm not a morning person, and coming home and looking forward to a quick 30-40 minute run and grease-free dinners.  On a low note, I have to accept that in order to immediately break the cycle of mediocre fucks I have no choice but to join the gym-bunny bandwagon and build muscle.  It seems having a good personality and pleasing look isn't enough these days.  It has become the norm to have muscles that are visible in daylight, fair skin without the aid of editing software, zero body fat, and very masculine manner of speaking and moving.   I suppose women go through the same process when they feel shamed for not having supermodel bodies.  What about the men?  Well, they just have to be rich so that even if they're obese, smelly assholes with bad breath, there are still women who would flock to them, especially if they're white.  But this post isn't about race or gender, rice or mediocrity.  It is about whey-ing the options and knowing that there are certain things in life where as much as I'm determined to rebel against those things, I have no choice but to submit because I know it is to my best interest.