mercredi, décembre 28, 2016

Fantastic beasts and where to find me


Saving Sally and Die Beautiful
(photo searched on Google)

It is no secret that I undress myself through words.  I would never reveal my blog to anyone I am not comfortable being naked with, in that manner.  My cellphone can snap ugly photos of me, and on some occasions, maybe a photo with a good angle that is good enough to post on social media.  That is my public face -- the guy with the nice smile and no problems, the guy who has wonderful friends and family and nice travel photos but without him in them.  And then you come across this blog and another dimension is revealed to you, the inner turmoil always nagging at every opportunity, the struggles articulated in a diary; the insecure, suicidal guy who can't quite measure up to life's expectations.  The guy with the ADHD (minus the H), who can't keep his focus.

The past few months have been rough, being knee-deep in work, doing overtime almost everyday, working on holidays and weekends.  It would've been easier to be physically exhausted doing clerical stuff, but this job is mentally-taxing, exacerbated by the fact that I don't have the educational background for it.  I just keep going forward trying to finish the work nonetheless.  I always aim to finish what I start.

I have been on a few dates.  In reverse chronological order, there was one in December with the visual artist, two in November with the banker and the call center agent at Waltermart, and with the professor/businessman in October. Mostly just dinner and then home.  Such is the plight of single people in their mid-30's, deeply entrenched in work with the spontaneity almost non-existent.  Lately, I've been forcing myself to watch movies, in hopes that I would rekindle my love for them.  One time while I was watching Fantastic Beasts alone, this guy sat beside me and started to fondle me.  I stood up and walked away.