mercredi, février 16, 2005

I Better Work

In a few minutes I'm off to work. That's my life now, not that I'm complaining or anything. So far, whenever I try to find something to justify not liking it, I am rebutted with a reasonable reply.
1. They are strict with attendance BUT only if you're after the schedule adherence bonus.
2. They are strict with tardiness BUT you have an allowance of 2 hours in a month for being late.
3. They don't give you personal breaks (like if you had to pee asap) BUT only if you're after the bonus.
4. The work is routine and may eventually get boring BUT it's relatively stress-free and is actually fun in most cases.
5. They make you stay a bit longer without overtime pay BUT at least you don't have to take home what you do. You go home without worries.
6. They have a $500 training bond BUT with the salary they give compared to other companies, you can easily pay it off in 3 months. Not so bad really.
7. The canteen serves sucky food and the smoking areas are not weather-friendly -- a better reason to temporarily stop the vice. What's one day right?
8. The OIC is not well-liked and extremely strict. Gotta play by the rules for now.
9. The officemates are mostly married with kids and are not fond of going out BUT they are fun nonetheless.
So for now, if and when I get certified before this weekend, I'm already thinking of the many things to shop for when Saturday comes. Maybe I'll go watch that Jean Pierre Jeunet film (if it's still around).
I just hope nobody goes bombing the business district again. Fucking idiots ...

8 Truths:

Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Blogger's such a pain sometimes. I can't get it to post the freakin text the way I want it. SHeeeshh...

mercredi, février 16, 2005 6:58:00 PM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Nothing beats a stress-free job (other than payday of course!).

I once had to write a company memo defining designated smoking areas, the state laws behind it, and the penalties for violators. At least now, at work, I very seldom light up.

jeudi, février 17, 2005 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger paningitin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

jesus christ! i can't work there.

one of the many things i look forward to when i go to work everyday is those 15-minute cigarette breaks. take them out and it's sayonara work.

i envy you because you can "temporarily stop the vice." me? i can't. i'm waiting for the "vice" to permanently stop me.

good luck.

ciao!

jeudi, février 17, 2005 1:16:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

and you will always be my jobim.

jeudi, février 17, 2005 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

ooohhh...sound like a reeeeally fun workplace. *cough, cough* :p

vendredi, février 18, 2005 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i envy you for having married officemates who are "fun, nonetheless."

most of mine are so old and boring they don't know who eminem is. "what do you mean, the candy?" god.

vendredi, février 18, 2005 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

carolvs - my payday wasn't such a blast as what my batchmates and i expected. we were a bit disappointed. (so curse me for being ungrateful! hehehe)

paningit - temporarily stopping the vice is simply a matter of channeling the compulsion for a nervous habit. of course, easier said than done :P

transience - and u are corcovado.

rain - it's the only place where non-smokers are "out of place" hahahaha

mussolini - maybe eminem isn't pop enough. try billy crawford.

samedi, février 19, 2005 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Darn!

Somehow you managed to describe my work place to a tee!

dimanche, février 20, 2005 12:29:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home