dimanche, juillet 17, 2005

Double Dutch?

.
.
.
Because of the company transition, I applied for another vacation leave this weekend after having one last week. My officemates told me it would be a good idea to use up the existing leave credits rather than foreit them when the new company takes over. So a whole month ago, I scheduled for 2 consecutive 3-day weekends I didn't know how I'd spend.
.
Moving forward, I met a friend of a friend of mine for an afternoon of talk at TGIFriday's. After all, it was Friday and that place in Glorietta was usually barren in the afternoons, a perfect spot for conversation. I was an hour late, given the fact that I didn't anticipate the heavy traffic or mini-rallies that were to plague the city again that afternoon (or so did my reason go). It was unforgiveable so as a means of redeeming myself in front of my friend, I HAD to offer to treat him. So there, we ordered strawberry crepes and bottomless drinks. The crepe wrapper was grainy. It was still raw. We had it replaced with a serving of Cajun Chicken Fingers instead. TGIt's an american restaurant where the customer is always right. I would've ended up with a larger bill. Of course, we couldn't help but wonder if our chicken fingers came with spit or pubic hair ...
.
He had to fetch his brother at around 6pm so I decided to go roam around Tower Records to listen to more Indie stuff. I don't think I mentioned I bought 2 cds the last time I was there -- The Engineers' self-titled debut and The High Llamas' Retrospective, Rarities & Instrumentals. I loved the former because their music reminded me of Air's Playground Love, and the latter, because they sounded like those 60's Bacharach bands. I had my eye on Kings of Convenience, said to be "the new Simon & Garfunkel" and this other group Beats for Beginners which gives a cute electronic twist to their alternative sound. I also wanted to get Slovo's cheaply produced cd by Vicor and Basment Jaxx's Singles collection. Anyway, while listening to the cds, I began to calculate how much money I had left and if I'd be able to squeeze in a cd or two. I realized I didn't have much left because TGIF charged me for both, the Cajun Chicken Fingers and the Strawberry Crepes! They refunded the amount to me (plus the tax of course!) and I was happy again. A Single's Treat.
.
At 8pm, I met up with Nikita. It was a last minute thing, so we decided to check out what movies were on for the night. We wanted to watch Fantastic 4 showing at 8:40. Crossing through the Greenbelt fountain area, we found out they were premiering Battlestar Galactica. My self-professed geek friend was so excited to watch so we decided to take a seat and enjoy the free pasta and ice tea! Hahaha CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!! There was a band that played a whole set of country-inspired rock tunes. Although it was fun, it was a waste of time for my friend. After that, they started giving out prizes. The first batch won Seattle's Best umbrellas. The next batch won Battlestar Galactica spillproof tumblers.
.
It was a fine night. Free food, free drinks, free desserts, free movie, free posters, and FREE SPILLPROOF TUMBLERS!!! Hahahahaha CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!
.
Oh well, I paid for the cab home because Nikita paid more than her share the last time. She told me it was like the perfect date. A Double's Treat..
.
.
.

5 Truths:

Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

cheapo! hahaha! glad you had fun.

dimanche, juillet 17, 2005 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Glad you had a good time and hehe on the comments

mardi, juillet 19, 2005 7:47:00 AM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Mygod mister you got a lot of time in your hands! Good for you.

mercredi, juillet 20, 2005 6:53:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

transience - yeah i did.

jax - be careful what u ask for jax. nikita has her days ... :-\

we've had TGIF and Outback steakhouse for years. they're not doing so well lately ...

ninjato - nothing u missed out on. how's work?

carolvs - i guess. i only go out on weekends. i miss ur posts; u must be very busy. type A person. hehe jk

mercredi, juillet 20, 2005 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Nothing wrong with an evening of fun and good company without having to shell out hard earned money.

I worked for TGI Friday's for over 2 years. They have a good thing going for a restaurant chain.

And I would certainly love to go to a movie theater were they give you free pasta and iced tea.

mercredi, juillet 20, 2005 11:32:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home