lundi, septembre 12, 2005

How do I fare?

.
.
.
I've been very quiet the past few weeks and only wrote stuff when I felt like it. Sorry for the poems. I know they're very cryptic because they're kinda private. And like I've said, I'm trying to make everything I write more concise, dealing only with those things I deem significant to write about. So here's an update of what I have been doing the past few weeks:
.
.
1. I've been set on a new road to self-discovery. Everything's fresh and there's still a lot to learn but I'm up for the challenge. There are major setbacks for me right now, but I thank god I've a marvelous friend who's more than happy to help me out and teach me stuff about life and relationships that would probably take me years to learn. Overall, it's been a fun ride and I've been meeting up with new people trying to establish friendships, gain new insights and experiences, and taking steps toward a new adventure. Unfortunately, I'm not too comfortable writing them down here because they might involve people who'll be reading this blog in the future. I'm not censoring myself or anything like that, it's just that I don't getting the heat about my blog when people start reading about themselves. For the most part, this blog has to be about me and not anybody else. Perhaps there would be a few exceptions to the rule, but overall, as much as possible, I'd like to hog the entries with my conciseness.
.
.
2. Work was terrible last month. I had 1 absence (due to unforseen circumstances that happened on a Thursday night) and 1 instance of tardiness. I was also cautioned about not taking my break schedule on time. As a result, I lost all hope of a bonus for August (oh what a loss that is!). Not just that, my quality scores have suffered a lot because everyone's been very strict in preparation for the company transition. Bullox. September's a new month and I will throw my self at the feet of punctuality for sake of professionalism.
.
PS - The temporary OIC likes me. The other supervisors tell me I'm her favorite so I appear to be under her scrutiny all the time. Oh well, if it gets me promoted and get that higher salary that'll keep me afloat with my own place, I'd gladly take that opportunity despite company politix. At this point, I'd prefer to be buoyant than to have that sinking feeling of hopelessness (and old age).
.
.
3. Been looking for my own place. I decided to join my officemate with his apartment hunting around the Makati area. So far with our minuscule budget, the search has been a bit futile. There were places that were decent and close enough to our office, unfortunately, those great finds were easily lost. Just last Friday, my officemate was talking to this man leasing a 2-floor apartment somewhere past JP Rizal for P5,500, the very next day when he was supposed to go inspect it, the guy says it's already been taken by a couple, complete with 11 post-dated checks and appropriate deposits. Sheeet. Two-bedroom apartment for P5,500!!! That was a steal!!! We're not giving up hope though. This coming Saturday we're looking at a 2-bedroom condo unit near Kalayaan Ave. Hope it ends our search for a place. I need to start trying to be more independent.
.
.
4. This same friend is part Filipino, part Chinese, part Hispanic, part Indian and he's practically lived around the world. He was born in Iran, grew up in Greece, Texas, Baguio City, and Kenya, and his parents are retired engineers in Mallora in Spain. He's more Hindu than anything and it was totally refreshing to be conversing with someone who knows so much about the world and who has such a different view about religion compared to the Catholicism that (rarely) practice now. Absolutely enlightening. He's taught me about the adaptability of guilt, the different types of people he's come across with, how he can travel the world without spending so much, Indian food, relationships, love, betrayal, sex, and yes, a bit of tantra. He's informally taken me in as his tantric apprentice (hahaha) and we've just begun our lessons, but already, it's beginning to change my perceptions about a lot of things. I have yet to put them to practice though ... ;)
.
PS - People in the office have begun noticing how we always sit together in the office. They haven't even heard how we plan to move into the same apartment! How hysterical that would be when rumors start spreading about us being an item! HAHAHAHA O god the hilarity ...
.
So there, a semi-detailed update about my life so far. Oh yeah, I also bought new pants yesterday.
.
.
.

16 Truths:

Blogger slim whalein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Hindus (or at least, those that i've met) strike me as always having a wider perspective on life. i met this catholic priest from India, who, surprisingly, had a very unconventional view on religion and life. we enjoyed chatting about philosophy one whole afternoon.

learn as much as you can from this guy. we all need some fresh take on life once in a while.

lundi, septembre 12, 2005 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

there's a lot i want to comment on here, but we'll save it for private time. anyway. do the new pants make your ass look cute? i wanna see.

lundi, septembre 12, 2005 9:47:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

slim whale - if i can have a fresh take on life all the time, wouldn't that be spectacular? I've been talking to him and I still don't fully grasp their concept on karma. It's different from our view of it because ours is an adapted version of the Golden Rule. That's not accurate. Will try to learn more!

transience - ok private time -- but you're always busy! i'll look forward to it though. u can be very inquisitive when u wish to be.

the new pants make my legs look slimmer. i don't have a bubble butt anymore. :(

mardi, septembre 13, 2005 1:01:00 AM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

intro: i've always loved your poems so i don't see the need for any apology there. :)

1. self-discovery has always been good. 'cept that sometimes the road to it seems like a long and winding one. at least you have a guru to guide you. how many can claim that? good luck, sweetie.

2. go get that september bonus! ...then you can treat me and trans to coffee. hehe. :)

3. apartment-hunting can be very nasty. don't worry, you'll get one that'll be perfect for you. all in time.

4. oooohhh. interesting friend you've got there. can i be a tantric apprentice, too? :p

mardi, septembre 13, 2005 8:32:00 AM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

the hindus i know take things too seriously.

mercredi, septembre 14, 2005 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

rain - awww ur so sweet Ü

1. yes, i'm thankful to have a guru. in a way i feel lucky now to have a sense of where i'm going
2. well, u betta meet me before i find an apartment. i foresee terrible penny-pinching henceworth haha
3. yeah it's terrible. the good ones are usually expensive or taken. i guess it's like dating, it's rare to find "the one"
4. u have to have a female tantric master i think. trans is guru enough ;)

bismuth - well, it really depends if they're hindu, muslim, sikh, or punjabi. apparently it makes a difference according to my friend

mercredi, septembre 14, 2005 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Empress Kaiserinin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

to answer your 1st question: you fared well. it seems. anyway, i only want to say that i like what you've to your site. interesting design. though i'm not an expert in web design/layout, but i've been web design hopping for many weeks now, and i know what i like and don't.

keep posting. obviously, i ran to your site via chris'. so thanks to chris too.

till then.

jeudi, septembre 15, 2005 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger slim whalein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

exactly! our view on karma is so christianized.

i don't subscribe to any religious thought but i do pick up good points from most world religions. i especially like the hindu concept of god-within. their idea of every person being a god thus worthy of respect.

jeudi, septembre 15, 2005 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

It's good to know that you are already going forward, albeit slowly but surely, like trans, I'll save my more personal comments on our next coffee sessions...

jeudi, septembre 15, 2005 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

saint eroica - hello! nice of u to drop by! thanks. i do hope to fare better before the end of the year. still lots of time to improve Ü the design on this blog is quite simple. i used to pollute my text with multiple colors. that was when i had all the time in the world to write. i'm not a bum anymore so i can only write so much.

thanks chris! Ü


slim whale - it's true about the Hindu concept of people as Gods within. this is why every sexual act or intimate physical contact with other people is very sacred and is a union between souls. where as for xtians, unless you're married, the sexual act is reprehensible and is subject to much guilt. in my opinion, this goes against human nature. what kind of religious practice condemns its people of basic needs???

Disclaimer: this is my opinion and not something Hindus expressly believe. confront me if u have a problem with it hehehe)

ninjato - yeah we can talk it over coffee the next time we meet. AND WHEN WOULD THAT BE?? you're so busy nowadays, i'd feel guilty plucking u out from ur wonderful job

jeudi, septembre 15, 2005 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Shopping is the solution to all of life's problems. Heh. :]

vendredi, septembre 16, 2005 2:08:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

indeed Carolvs, and the world will never run out of things to buy ;)

samedi, septembre 17, 2005 3:05:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

your thursday WAS great :) you bad,bad boy :)

samedi, septembre 17, 2005 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

mussolini - really? well havn't got alotta action lately. perhaps tomorrow ;) hehehe

samedi, septembre 17, 2005 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger slim whalein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

wow, i never looked at that concept in the light of sex before. that's a nice reading. and very useful too. i'd have that in mind the next time i fuck around.

mardi, septembre 20, 2005 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

slim whale - it is a very liberating concept of sexuality. religious practices should complement human needs and not prohibit them. so there. the next time u fuck around, treat it as if ur fucking god.

jeudi, septembre 22, 2005 12:25:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home