dimanche, septembre 18, 2005

Inductee's Step Forward

.
.
.
I've just concluded half a day's worth of apartment hunting with my officemate-slash-guru. It was sooo exhausting! It's a good thing the weather was very cooperative today and it had been slightly overcast the whole afternoon with just a dash of rain. We still sweat it out though and I'd consider this aerobic activity to be my cardio for the whole week; v'been sluggish lately.
.
The apartments that we saw in the Makati vicinity were decent, though some were a bit over our price range. Ideally, we were both looking for a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom place because I'm gonna be living with a self-confessed neat freak, where I consider myself "decent," we'd prefer separate rooms and bathrooms for us to keep our designated areas the way we want them without getting on each other's dirt. I've been hearing a lot of stories about Guru's current roommate whom, in the heat of argument, he called a spoiled obese pig who likes living in filth. No joke, he really said that.
.
Hmmm ... makes me think how careful I should be with my master's living habits. Not that I'm a slob, it's just that sometimes, the chaotic state of my room is the result of poor time management and lack of prioritization. I don't exactly ENJOY living in the midst of mess, but if I find that by the next morning I can still walk the floor without stepping on anything else except my slippers, then I'd fine and can survive the remains of the day. However, since I'll be living with a stranger-slash-master, I'll be sure to be more mindful of the force, the force of habit that is. I do believe I'm ready for drastic change and although moving out may seem to be a huge step toward my inevitable acceptance of adulthood, the prospect of private space just beckons me to completely abandon my marsupiality. Of course I'm terrified. TERRIFIED. I simply try to reassure myself that I'm doing the right moves and not rushing myself; to reassure myself that I know what I'm getting into and how to get out of it, to know I'm ready to lose it, go with the flow, the rhythm, the bliss of buoyancy. The day I finally move out (possibly only a few weeks more and counting) is the day I say goodbye to shopping on impulse, unlimited surfing with a phone line, 4 out of 7 day night outs, fully-prepared meals and washed dishes, unshared taxi rides and foregoing the monthly bonus just because of an absence; the induction to adulthood as we know it.
.
Like I said earlier, we were both exhausted. He had been more exhausted than I was, having done this hustling every Saturday for 3 months now and beset with a looming deadline to move out completely by Oct. 15. Lately though, we've been seeing nicer places within reach of our budget, a very good thing bcz we wouldn't be digging deep into our savings. It means we're already searching the right places and are probably a few steps closer to hitting oil.
.
Hopefully it's oil we hit and not the sewer. That would be shitty indeed.
.
.
.

13 Truths:

Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Parents who checked Myspace say others should -- right away
Ray's column appears Tues., Thurs. and Sat. Contact him at 649-6333; fax 775-8059; or email rmcallister @timesdispatch.com Never heard of Myspace.com? Let's hope you don't have teenagers, then.
For a great selection of limited edition art prints, look no further. Stop by to view our gallery of limited edition art prints and take advantage of our fr.ee member rewards program.

dimanche, septembre 18, 2005 5:32:00 AM  
Blogger Empress Kaiserinin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i have been thinking of moving to a new place... but that's too exhausting... i could imagine what you've been doing the past days... anyway, keep us posted, and maybe some pics... hehehe, pakialamera ba? :)

lundi, septembre 19, 2005 2:42:00 AM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i don't know why but somehow this got me an image of jedi training in the 21st century. hee. ;p

BTW, who da hell are these spammers? die! die! die!

lundi, septembre 19, 2005 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger slim whalein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

you've made the right choice in deciding to move out. i did it a year ago. adn i'm enjoying every minute of my freedom ever since.

lundi, septembre 19, 2005 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

yay! tell me where to look in the treasure trove!

lundi, septembre 19, 2005 4:24:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

saint eroica - i'll take ur being a "pakialamera" as vicariousness hehehe sure i'll try to get some pictures but you'll just be disappointed. it's not like we're moving in to Rockwell or The Fort.

rain - i hope you're thinking of the "good" jedis and not me in a black sith wardrobe with red make-up and conic horns hehe

slim whale - it's time i finally decided to do so. financially i don't think i'm ready to embark on something like this, but my philosophy is that with opportunities we just have to jump in. impulse let's us know we'll learn from something the most at the exact time we choose to listen to what it says.

transience - i will when i find it myself Ü

mardi, septembre 20, 2005 12:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

no offense meant. r u gay?

mardi, septembre 20, 2005 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Whoa dude, damn that is too cool, hehehe, I wanna visit once your settled in...by the way the coffee thing might come sooner than you think if all goes well and according to plan, in the next five weeks, I might be free to have coffee...that's all I'm going to say for now...

mardi, septembre 20, 2005 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

anonymous - why ask? wanna move in with me? ;)

ninjato - wow! 5 weeks of coffee with u! treat me naman! don't worry, when i get my own place, i'm bringing the coffee maker with me hehe

mercredi, septembre 21, 2005 2:28:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

yahooo :) this means unlimited dvd time :) invite me. that's an order.

mercredi, septembre 21, 2005 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Wow, good luck! :^] Is all.

jeudi, septembre 22, 2005 7:12:00 AM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

cool. inuman tayo!

vendredi, septembre 23, 2005 1:48:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

anakngputangina wala na bang nagu-update sa pilipinas???

mercredi, septembre 28, 2005 9:30:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home