mercredi, septembre 29, 2004

Young & Restless


WOMAN: What do you see as your main strengths?
SPUD: I love people. All people. Even people that no one else loves, I think they're OK, you know. Like Beggars.


-- excerpt taken from Trainspotting



I wasn't able to sleep well last night, feeling all restless again. I finally slumbered somewhere in the midst of prayer.

And truly a greater being out there still listens to me and believes I deserve to be happy for a change. It was only when I reached my interview that I realized how canceling the previous appointment was meant to happen. Indeed, with my mindset last week, I would not have dealt with the 5-person panel as effectively as I had this afternoon. The panel was composed of young associates who seemed very smart and kinda snobby. My kinda crowd! Hehehe

I already bought new shirts for the next interview maybe sometime this week. My uncle bought stuff to bring home to Virginia and my youngest sister came along with us. My youngest sister and I have this little aggressive-sadistic game we have going on. We'd kick each other and tease and verbally abuse each other, everything quite personal. She's 12. Who cares about psychological complexes anyway?

Back home, my relatives flocked the table enjoying a hearty meal. Epicurus would've been proud. I didn't care to join. I've grown a bit of a distaste for buffets lately. I'm no longer fond of eating that much.

Gus called me up and we talked for a few minutes before he put the phone down to call his friend. It would be too presumptuous of me to say anything about what I felt he needed/wanted or was looking for. I guess a little venting out of frustration to a stranger helps catharsis sometimes. Apropos: You can trust me. Listening is what I do best, writing the resonance of what I remember hearing.

Luke and I talked afterwards. I told him to stick to the job he has currently. Asmod3an and I talked after that. I told him to inform me if he's resigning or what. At 11pm, I wanted so much to go walking around the neighborhood like I always do, but I feared ending up a lifeless corpse.