mercredi, novembre 24, 2004

Mr. Write



"It feels like a low level of despair you live in where you're not getting any answers but you're living OK and you can smile at the office."

-- Jim Carrey on his bout with drug addiction and depression



I'm a bit pissed off today because my friends canceled a Saturday night party I invited them to go to a month ago. Although their reasons are legit, it still pissed me off to have to know on the last minute. Anyway, I tried going to work early but my body just couldn't wake up to the 2 alarm clocks I had set at different snooze intervals. Not that I didn't sleep early, it was maybe more of not wanting to go to work. And my goodness, at this early a stage already backing out? Another reason to be pissed. Hence with all the pissing around, I spent part of the morning checking email and chatting with friends while eating McDonald's take out before the boss arrived. Yes, I was bordering on delinquency today and the boss wasn't happy. So was I. He had me revise the sponsorship letter, which I did promptly, and he had me do an invite poster for the contest we were to stage at the end of December. I had the words already done the previous week, all I needed to do was to refer the task to the in-house graphic artist, which I did a few minutes before leaving. I have become my most productive self today. Tsk, tsk.

While burning away the McChicken sandwich with upsized ice tea through walking, my mind went on its most bimbotic mode and I got myself thinking about WORLD PEACE. I don't exactly remember how I came to thinking about it but here's part of the intellectual abstraction:

There will never be world peace because it is an ongoing process, a dynamic state between order and chaos. What we have right now IS world peace -- countries struggling in war, countries initiating harmony through agreements, people dying, people born and surviving.

World peace can only be achieved in its most absolute form if there is total order or total chaos ... and neither of the two are practically possible.


Now, if I can only get this kind of result at work, I'd be Mr. Write Now!



5 Truths:

Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

that concept of world peace is brilliant. you could be a diplomat. and we'd bluff through world politics together.

mercredi, novembre 24, 2004 8:28:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Hehe transience... only means to say I'm in the wrong profession. I should be doing Q&A in pageants or something.

mercredi, novembre 24, 2004 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

the pi is peace.

mercredi, novembre 24, 2004 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Mussolini don't even get me started on PI. I'd have a heartburn. ;>

jeudi, novembre 25, 2004 10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i was reading pi stuff on the internet and came across this:

"And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it about."
(I Kings 7, 23)

this is part of the specifications for the great temple of Solomon. p = 3. its' one of the early traces of the knowledge of pi.

heartburn. :)

jeudi, novembre 25, 2004 11:23:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home