lundi, mars 21, 2005

Disbanding

.
.
.
I went to Greenhills last Saturday to scout for a new mobile phone. My Mum tells me my little sister desperately needs one. I didn't exactly offer mine but it didn't hurt that I'd be getting myself a new one.
.
The place had become one huge agora, full of eager shoppers and their wistful companions. There was hardly any space to walk through, everything drowning in noise. I was supposed to meet my friend in a bookstore, but I got misdirected, thinking the OLD bookstore was still in existence. I forgot how that whole building had begun rennovation since the start of the year. And so I sauntered alone.
.
I found the perfect phone at a reasonable price but decided not to buy it yet because I was riding public transport going home. Tomorrow then.
.
That night, I met up with my old office friends for what we thought would be a reunion of sorts. The unspoken deal was that it would only be the 5 of us, the original group that started it all. I don't exactly know where it all went bust, but it did.
.
It was a quiet altercation. Walking out, talking in groups, mediators going back and forth. For the most part, I really didn't care. My friend was right, we were adults and we can choose to go together or not. It was only disappointing that things ended the way they did.
.
As for me, I was bored. We were at Gweilo's and we weren't really talking about anything much. Nothing to catch up on, nothing to bridge the gap between offices we worked in.
.
It's just sad to realize that we all have nothing much in common except that maybe we once worked together in the same comapny.
.
.
.

13 Truths:

Blogger r3dguyin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

It's just sad to realize that we all have nothing much in common except that maybe we once worked together in the same company.

.sad. i'm sorry i wasn't able to meet you there.

lundi, mars 21, 2005 7:46:00 AM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I'm always ambivalent to attend reunions for the exact reason you point out here. So I take the preemptive route instead: move far away enough so no one will expect me to attend any reunions.

lundi, mars 21, 2005 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

nothing is ever really as good as you remember it. i'm talking about reunions of course.

lundi, mars 21, 2005 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger paningitin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

ah yes. greenhills. you can make a whole movie out of someone buying a phone in greenhills.

lundi, mars 21, 2005 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger bismuthin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

it's good then that not all reunions end up that way, especially not between real friends.

lundi, mars 21, 2005 5:09:00 PM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

The post and comments about so-called friendships and reunions, one big fat WORD! Hehehe Sorry just needed to get that out of the way...=)

lundi, mars 21, 2005 11:58:00 PM  
Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Behold the joys of hanging out with coworkers.

Sometimes when I meet former coworkers I'm amazed how they still talk about how they are still telling the same stories we told 5 years ago when I was still working there.

mardi, mars 22, 2005 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Toshiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Whoa, I didn't know you had a blog. Miss chatting with you and Mark! Let's have a reuni... oops. Hehe wrong choice of words :P

mardi, mars 22, 2005 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

never did like reunions. it seems so superficial meeting up to catch up on things when if these were really your friends, they'd have kept in touch.

mardi, mars 22, 2005 8:58:00 PM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

uh-oh. that was a cranky post. sorry 'bout that. my hunger's getting to me. :p

mardi, mars 22, 2005 8:58:00 PM  
Blogger Stanin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I agree with Rain. A reunion with a real friend can be the greatest experience, though.

jeudi, mars 24, 2005 7:47:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

r3dguy - that's ok. we'll see each other next week when u come back from vacation Ü

carolvs - true true. i can't stand the pretense.

transience - but i think that speaks for all other things as well

paningit - once u produce that movie, u will also see the pirated dibidi form in the same place haha!

bismuth - that's because real friends don't just share offices or gossip Ü

jax - exactly!

ninjato - so, are u going to OUR high school reunion? ;P

blex - these 5 year old stories are the only commonalities we sometimes share with one another. it can be difficult to share new experiences especially when pertaining to new people we hang out with

tenzil - HEY!!! Haven't talked to u in a while! I just received ur text so now i know how u came across my blog Ü HOpe to see u soon Ü

rain - hahaha it's true though. real friends would follow up on each other ... so how was ur day? ;)

stan - it's weird sometimes when you meet an old friend and it doesn't seem like u even lost touch with each other. i'd like to meet at least 1 of my classmates in the province. i can't even find them on online networks. it's a shame.

jeudi, mars 24, 2005 9:46:00 PM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

um pleading the fifth for now on that one...

vendredi, mars 25, 2005 12:29:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home