dimanche, octobre 03, 2004

)|( Ray of Light )|(

"She's got herself a little piece of heaven
Waiting for the time when
Earth shall be as one ...

And I feel
Like I just got home ..."

-- written by Madonna, William Orbit, Clive Maldoon, Dave Cutisse, & Christine Leach


Yesterday was the best way I finished off a good week in years. I went to this book launch in Greenbelt along with my funtastic friends Luke and Joeboy and got to meet some interesting people from Ateneo, my new campus for the next 3-4 years of graduate studies.

We went over to Luke's place to freshen up before going dancing at dawn. It would be my first time to go clubbing again after how many years.

The place was packed, sweaty boddies piled up on the dancefloor, everyone swaying to the disco beat there in the dark, dark harem. Everyone was dressed to be seen, some undressed, most were unseen. My friends and I didn't last too long on the first round. It was too cramped so we decided to go mingling with other people they knew. A bottle of beer later, we headed back inside, now at full force and quasi-inebriated with 5% alcohol grade swimming in my blood. The pool was still crowded, but we treaded our way into middle earth and started to dance.

Ray of Light.

Inside the poorly-lit holocaust chamber, among maybe scores of a forbidden race of men, I was dancing like a possessed teenager on ecstasy, my eyes were closed almost all throughout, relishing every minute we stayed there. I never danced like that before and I felt so alive. It was a total ablution of inhibitions. My new shirt was soaked in perspiration front and back. Indeed I got what I wanted -- to go clubbing again.

We left the place around 5am, tired but pleased. We went back to Luke's place despite me telling them I can go home already. Now I just figured that they wanted me to stay with them because I was desirable company. How sweet ;) We talked about anything and everything until they both fell asleep. I wasn't really able to sleep well. New place, maybe. Thoughts just came rushing into my head, quicker than a ray of light. The experiences, the how-to's, the new people, the plethora of possibilities ...

And there in my thinking, I realized the gods have answered my prayers. It may not have been in the form that I envisioned myself receiving, yet thinking about it now, I actually got a better deal.

2 Truths:

Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

kwee said something really sweet about you the other day. =)

lundi, octobre 04, 2004 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

hey, don't forget to fill me in on the "plethora of possibilities."

lundi, octobre 04, 2004 4:33:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home