lundi, novembre 29, 2004

M = Multi-lingual 多舌



I try my best never to spend Saturday nights at home, and whenever possible, taking the chance to do something out of the ordinary once in a while, as advised by an internet friend of mine. So yesterday, although I was still feeling a bit sore that we weren't going clubbing as I planned a MONTH in advance, I was determined not to let anything ruin a wonderful night. After all, it was La Femme Nikita's birthday.

We went to M (museum) Cafe for some after dinner cocktails. It's this ultra-chic and cozy coffee shop near the tranquil zen garden beside the mall. It was kinda pretentious I have to admit, but the ambience and service were just fantastic and they played the best chillout-lounge music around. Note: When looking for a quaint place to hangout, never scrimp on the prerequisites.

All 4 of us were very well-dressed, as if any time on a whim, we may still decide to go clubbing at the end of it all. Of course that NEVER happened, but it wasn't to say I was disappointed. On the contrary, it was all rather like this infamous MTV live performance that featured 3 famous pop divas in their wedding gowns. You won't get my point right now so just continue and read on Ü


On the 1st round we tried all sorts of drinks:

1. Strawberry Crush - our all-time favorite; a mixture of thick milky liqueur with crushed strawberries and vodka.
2. Lychee Martini - a good substitute for the former; martini with those sweet canned lychee preserves.
3. Dry Martini - Joeboy's order straight-up with 3 little olives impaled on a toothpick.
4. Vanilla Salabat - my attempt at trying to be "daring" on drinks; not good. The ginger taste was only amazing with the side salad dressing.



On the 2nd and 3rd round we were already speaking foreign languages:


Russian. Samovar. Dosvidania. Le Femme Nikita was too tipsy to recall the rest of her basic learnings.

Español. La mujercita es una mentirosa. ¿Donde esta mi camarero? El "girto" es como un baso. Y tu papá tambien.

Mandarin. ¿Donde esta el chiníto camarero??? There were other stuff I was pronouncing fluently in Mandarin (who knew I could still speak it?!) but it wouldn't make any sense typing it down phoenetically.
Try this: 世界和平 Shr-Xie Huh-An ... "World Peace" Hahahaha

Fookien. Ho-eh. Bo lan chao. Lan chao bin. Chi bai bin.


Tagalog. Putang-ina. Lasing ka na ba? Make tusok-tusok the fishballs.

English. Imperatives. I've done my part of the deal by kissing YOU. Now, I wanna see YOU kissing HER.

French. Kissing. Avec un peu langue.


7 Truths:

Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

lundi, novembre 29, 2004 6:24:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

hahahahahahaha! look at me, still laughing! *wink*

lundi, novembre 29, 2004 7:38:00 PM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Good for you...=) Having heard the lurid details of this particularly interesting get-together, all I can say is at least you got high marks in French....hehehe

lundi, novembre 29, 2004 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

ennui >> i'm intrigued as to what comment was deleted. was it raunchy? +D

mardi, novembre 30, 2004 8:19:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

sassy :)

mardi, novembre 30, 2004 8:23:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

THe comment I deleted was an invitation to this online network gadgets thing. Totally useless Ü

Ninjato - those language clubs I joined in highschool paid off handsomely. Hahahaha

mercredi, décembre 01, 2004 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I once had a professor straight out of Muscovy. He talked endlessly about his beloved vodkas. Strong enought to kill microbes, I heard. And he votes Republican.

mercredi, décembre 01, 2004 3:50:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home