samedi, mars 26, 2005

Good Friday?

.
.
I fell asleep Thursday night out of mere exhaustion. I’ve been going home late, meeting different people and talking over coffee or regional French cuisine at Café Provençal, sleeping at around 1:30 in the morning when I had to wake up at 5. It’s fine though, it seems I’ve gotten myself accustomed to having minimal hours of sleep unlike in the past. Thursday night though I forgot to set the alarm(s).
.
I woke up 6:30 am, took a quick shower (well maybe not) and ate cereals for breakfast because it was an observed holiday so nobody else was eating that early in the morning.
.
(1) As I walked through the side streets for my ride (the train’s on vacation too) I reached inside my leather bag for my earphones and pushed the play > button on the mini remote. I forgot, I took out that 1 CD last night after I fell asleep listening to it (L’ Amour Et La Musique by The Cousins & the Benassi duo). So there, like old traditions, I was not allowed to listen to anything on a Good Friday.
.
Of course I wasn’t late. Although there wasn’t traffic, that ride cost me a pretty penny (I used up what I earned from work to buy myself a new Sony Ericsson K700i) (It’ll be 2 weeks to go till my next pay check). I hurried up to the 17/F to fix up my stuff and get a good seat near the window where I can see the rest of the city in slumber (at least those who’d been unlucky enough not to go to the beach). (2) I dropped 2 P5 coins into the vending machine to get myself a cute cup of Nescafé (with creamer and sugar). The cup inside the machine did not go all the way to where the spout was, and I stood there amongst other officemates staring in disbelief as the water, coffee, creamer, and sugar went straight down the drain. (My shock will keep me awake, I told myself).
.
.
Back to my favorite post beside the window, I calmly waited as the seconds ticked toward the start of the day.

… :46

… :47

… :48

… :49

… :50. Enter (click), (beep) Log-in Failed. (3)
.
.

The supervisor relocated me near the walkway and 3 minutes later my day had officially begun.
.
.
I remember my mother telling me last night that if I didn’t have any calls at 3pm to pray in respect for Christ’s death on the cross. At exactly 3 o’ clock in the afternoon, I was leaving a message in a poor guy’s answering machine that contained the words fuck, bitch, cock, and nigger. (At least it was tame, I told myself).
.
(4) Sometime during the long waiting periods (around 4 minutes or more per interval) and reading through my book (Alvin Toffler’s The Third Wave), I fell asleep. There beside the walkway, in plain view of my supervisors, sat my vulnerable self, dreaming of the Marxist Socialsim and Taylor’s Scientific Management. (At least I didn’t get caught, I told myself when I woke up) (Hehehehe)
.
The rest of the day was okay. It HAD been a good Friday in retrospect. Like always, I had nothing to complain about.
.
After dinner, lying comfortably in my bed, after smoking one of those menthols, I fell asleep listening to an entire album (Fiona Apple’s Tidal).
.
(5) Five minutes later, I start dreaming of (Pi) and it wasn't good.
.
.
.

7 Truths:

Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Any Friday is a good Friday in my book, and one with nothing to complain about is an even better one! :^)

lundi, mars 28, 2005 8:26:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

there you go again, nodding off. what did i tell you? and it's been three years since i stopped dreaming of pi. maybe because i am less intelligent now. missed you. loads to tell you. coffee soon?

lundi, mars 28, 2005 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I wish I had your problem...the easily sleeping, I mean hehehe

lundi, mars 28, 2005 3:55:00 PM  
Blogger paningitin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

working on a good friday eh? me too. the sad part was, i had to work because i bummed around early in the week. shit.

lundi, mars 28, 2005 7:01:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

jax - I always miss transience. She's like a mother to me.

carolvs - yes, Fridays are the best. Oh, one more day to go! Ü

transience - i can't help nodding off. it happens everyday i swear. the coffee helps sometimes. by the way, i got 2 perfect scores for quality! yipeeee!

ninjato - trust me, not in an office where sleeping on the job is a criminal offence.

paningit - hahaha if you plan to do that again, make sure it was worth bumming around for! Ü

mercredi, mars 30, 2005 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

He he he...

On friday, when I arrived to work, my coworkers asked me what did I want for lunch since they were about to order delivery from a Chinese restaurant.

I told them I had already eaten lunch.

They asked me what I had for lunch and I told them I've had Arrachera (beef) tacos.

They looked at me as if I was the Anti'Christ!

Once they were over their horror I was nice enough to inform them that I am not a Christian.

mercredi, mars 30, 2005 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

blex - i honestly don't see the purpose of not eating meat during holy week.

anyway, if i may ask, what religious sect do u belong to, if ever u are a practising believer Ü

jeudi, mars 31, 2005 8:18:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home