mardi, octobre 12, 2004

Diet


"Romy: I've been killing myself for 8 days and I GAINED a pound!
Michelle: That's ridiculous! Did you remember to deduct 14 pounds from your shoes?"

-- Romy&Michelle's High School Reunion


I would've wanted to write about the Japanese Diet and shinto-inspired monarchy, but I'm afraid I don't know anything about it, except for maybe the disappointment that is Princess Masako Owada. I, however, believe eating Japanese food for life would reap the same effects of longevity like the antiquity of Nihonggo dynasties. I dig Jap food so much I'd kick myself from here to Hokkaido to taste a sampling of freshly-prepared sea urchin sashimi. Yum. For now, penniless yet determined, I'm settling for a diet my aunt calls portion control, which simply means eating what you like but only in conservative amounts. She would tell me, "it's all a matter of moderation." I agree and I feel we should go further, that in order to curb the inflating figures of obesity here and around the world, the government must come up with a campaign that encourages people, not just to "Drink Moderately," but also to EAT MODERATELY. Maybe McDonald's and other fastfood chains could come up with "Undersize Me" deals. "Undersize your meal and we'll give you a mini-serving of coleslaw without the mayo for free!"

It's the only sane way to go.

Of course, exercise helps. When I came home from an overnight stay at my friend's this morning, I walked my way home in 20 minutes without breaking a sweat. After 5-6 weeks of walking an hour a day, I found the whole procedure to be painless
, like circumcision.

3 Truths:

Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

they should ban the "super-size-me" strategy.

mercredi, octobre 13, 2004 8:17:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

interesting suggestion :)
i'm going on a diet too. or at least i'm trying. everything i eat goes straight to my waist these days. i sure miss my old metabolism.

mercredi, octobre 13, 2004 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

love gives us love handles. life is not fair.

mercredi, octobre 13, 2004 3:20:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home