samedi, octobre 16, 2004

Still Awake

"I think I should go now
I must leave before my red eyes match the sunrise
No more coffee will put off today ...

It seems that time returns to me once more
But I have less now than before"

-- Whisper by Slovo



My body clock's thrown off again.


1400h - I woke up and thought to visit Malik's shop. We're out of sync lately, so at
1630h - I decided to salvage what's left of my TGIFriday night by joining Joeboy and Luke at Ebun.
2300h - Service was bad. The food was minuscule. Don't go there if you're hungry, the waiters'll give you that snotty look when you follow-up on orders.
0200h - After a little conversation with Joeboy's friends in Global Cafe, we proceeded to Luke's house and kept him company as he packed his clothes for a business trip for the weekend.

0300h - Joeboy and I didn't sleep and just talked and talked about everything under the glow-in-the-dark sticker stars.
0500h - We left the house. On the bus, this man I was supposed to sit with turned out to be timing in on a victim. He was taking out a knife from his pocket so we unboarded in an instant.
0501h - I confirmed to Joeboy my so-called "invincibility" theory.
0530h - We rode the cab to the terminal and had a bite to eat. It was a nice Saturday morning, the skies a bit misty with smog and all these people getting ready to board international flights.
0600h - We each gave Luke a hug before he left. True friendship is wonderful for the soul.
0605h - Joeboy and I rode the bus home. Still talking. Philosophies, realizations, relationships, video games, college, 24hr-parties, etc. He's 20 yet he thinks beyond his age.

0800h - Up until the last stop, we were unaware of the time.
1138h - I'm still awake. Must be the coffee ... or the simple exhilaration of just hanging out with interesting people.




"Freedom isn’t a curse
So don’t moan
Your future is calling for you
Hear the wind sings our song
And don’t moan

Good things are never a waste."

-- Treasure by D' Sound