mardi, avril 05, 2005

Sore Throat

.
.
.
I'm not a sickly person and I rarely take in meds unless absolutely necessary. If I can tolerate the pain, I will, and perhaps down some vitamins for placebo treatment. I often get sore throat though, sometimes from colds, from drinking extremely hot coffee, regurgitating gastric juices or from singing way too hard. If the sore throat becomes worse, I get slight fever.
.
Yesterday I don't exactly know how I got sick, but I guess it's because of the erratic weather we've been having. It had been extremely humid during the weekend and then all of a sudden, it rained Sunday night and it had been breezy cold throughout the day today. I was shivering in my seat yesterday and when I met up with r3dguy and his friend that night for our usual night cap, I wasn't feeling very well already. As a result, we went home earlier than usual. And you know me, I rarely go home early.
.
Being the obstinate person that I am, I still managed to smoke a couple of sticks and justified that the dirt would do me good by improving my resistance to pathogens. I've always been stubborn, especially with health. Hehehe
.
I had the best sleep last night! I slept really early, my body was warm and in a way, I was sorta delirious. Truly refreshing. At the office this morning though, I was still feeling a bit sore so whenever I talked on the phone, I had this nonchalant, disinterested voice with everyone.
.
I remember when I was young whenever I had fever, my Mum would rub Vick's all over my back and on my neck and she would place a warm towel around my neck like a scarf. She would bring me water or juice to drink, check my temperature once in a while, have me take those candy-flavored Aspilets, and maybe give me a sponge bath before I go to sleep. It would make me feel better of course, mostly because of the adequate attention. I've always felt envy toward my brattier sister who used to cry her way for attention. I've never been like that. And I'm proud of myself for never being a brat.
.
So yesterday, being 26 and all physically grown up, I had to take care of myself. I took a tablet of Vitamin C and drank lots of water and tea to help soothe my sore throat.
.
.
Lying in bed last night, I wished someone were there to take care of me.
.
.
.

13 Truths:

Blogger Ingrid C.in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i'm also down with the sniffles, but i'm still working, like a true corporate plebe.

and you WILL find someone to take care of you. that IS a certainty, like Bernoulli's equation.

mercredi, avril 06, 2005 8:05:00 AM  
Blogger paningitin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

vick's and aspilets. ah yes, those were the days...

mercredi, avril 06, 2005 5:13:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

scruuw - thanks for the affection. i need my losenges Ü

mussolini - i hope so but i'm not clamoring for it. if it happens it happens. like shit.

jax - i know someone, but she's taken, ready to climax, full tilt, on a bicycle ...

paningit - yes. makes me feel old remembering it.

mercredi, avril 06, 2005 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Aleksuin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I see that I'm not the only one with a rather Spartan approach to health care.

jeudi, avril 07, 2005 5:52:00 AM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

jax - i know someone, but she's taken, ready to climax, full tilt, on a bicycle ...

--it's taking a lot of effort not to comment on this one... hehe.

hope you're feeling better, sweetie.Ü

jeudi, avril 07, 2005 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger r3dguyin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

bez, wish i was there to take care of you.

jeudi, avril 07, 2005 8:38:00 AM  
Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

i would take care of you. but i am taken, ready to climax, full tilt, on a bicycle. i cannot believe your sore throat generates comments such as these. lol!

get well, sparks. SMS me.

jeudi, avril 07, 2005 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

about post: get well soon dude!
about comments: there are no words =)

jeudi, avril 07, 2005 6:09:00 PM  
Blogger EGO SVM CAROLVSin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Nicotine is good. It's psychoactive. Too bad for our lungs...

jeudi, avril 07, 2005 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

blex - it's scary sometimes to think that it can all come down to just 1 big severe illness. hmmm ...

rain - don't worry, i hear you have your own bicycle to pedal. and i'm not talking about something with beginner wheels.

r3dguy - you've always been maternal +D

jax - hmmm motorbike ... a whole lotta vibratin' goin on

transience - i will call u up before the 12th

ninjato - thanks. feeling better now. i tell u, the spartan approach works well for me hehehe

carolvs - i know. they should make cigarettes that can clean the lungs. something like LYSOL tobacco or WINDEX menthols LOL!

vendredi, avril 08, 2005 1:13:00 AM  
Blogger - litol figgy -in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

rain - don't worry, i hear you have your own bicycle to pedal. and i'm not talking about something with beginner wheels.

haha! good one. we should meet up soon, y'know. hope you can tag along with trans when i meet up with her. i promise i'll behave. no threesomes. unless trans insists. hehe.

vendredi, avril 08, 2005 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger solo flitein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

yeah. stupid weathers triggerin my asthma...

Take care dude

mardi, avril 12, 2005 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I know I already replied to your comments here. Stupid blogger ...

rain - I DONT want you to behave when we meet. We might bore each other to tears.

jax - haha plus, you can do more stuff with your legs not pedalling, the vibrations would help get you off ... to paradise much sooner.

scruuw - so much better. i swear on cigarettes. they really DO get the sore throat out! hahaha

solo flite - thanks for dropping by. hope you didn't bring any cold viruses with you ;)

mercredi, avril 13, 2005 9:58:00 PM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home