vendredi, octobre 22, 2004

The Art of Communication


"And as I sat watching the intimate and highly personal video, stolen only hours earlier from one of my best friends, I realized that something important was missing from my life."

-- Mark Renton from Trainspotting


THe magazine launch was terrific! It wasn't as bad as I expected and there were lots of people who attended including Mr. Ricky Lee and the magazine's Editor-in-Chief Mr. Danton Remoto. The show took a while to start, but when it did, the sequences flowed rather smoothly. The props and costumes were pretty good too. Of course, Joeboy was a great host. A model scout even offered him a business card! We chuckled about the whole idea. I mean, who would ever trust a model scout who puts his picture on his business card?? And in THAT place fer cryin' out loud! Hahahaha

THe magazine overpromised. It lacked the kind of sensibility I was hoping for in a reading material like that. My friends and I resigned ourselves to the fact that these people knew what they're doing and that we were not exactly part of the target market. Still, I feel the show should more than make up for sales in terms of marketing. {Fantasy}

We took a cab to Luke's (like always) and upon entry into their street, we were stopped by traffic enforcers and barangay officials for a routine inspection. There was a sign that said No Sticker, No Entry. We went down the cab, seeing as how we won't be entering anytime soon. It was absolutely ridiculous. I mean, why punish the residents who don't bring in cars? Wouldn't it be a compromise of security to have residents go down the cab and walk their way home??? Totally absurd. The worst part was when Joeboy and the drunk official got into a heated argument over the situation. THey were almost physical with each other, with Mr. Dante Javier (if that is indeed his real name) making personal comments. Good thing these 2 other officials came in to alleviate the higgledy-piggledy. I fell silent all throughout. We walked home tired, pissed, and grimy. {Reality}

At 12:30, the night was still young. The conversations got my mind off what happened (and I started to talk like myself again.) The topics intertwined and there was no discernible layout like in a magazine. The stories ranged from hysterical to ponderous, the three of us just flipping from one subject to the next. By the end of the long night and through the heat of the morning, a lot more had been revealed to me about the Art of Communication.

2 Truths:

Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

there is nothing like an altercation with the high-and-mighty authorities.

by the way, i was supposed to invite you to the fashion show at the fort. but it would be too far, considering you'll be at libis.

vendredi, octobre 22, 2004 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

I didn't go to Libis today coz I got tired after spending the whole day with my high school classmates Ü

dimanche, octobre 24, 2004 12:03:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home