lundi, octobre 25, 2004

15 Years

When you think about it, what IS the value of 15 years?
Apparently, whatever it is, it's not enough to keep a friendship.
My friend and I have gone through trials much more challenging,
much more grave than what we are facing now,
and at this point when I am at my most impartial yet,
he wants me to change or else he won't talk to me again.

Dear friend, we are not in high school anymore.
I know you mean well but you simply cannot impose something you want to happen by threatening me.
I always thought we had this unspoken rule never to meddle in decisions.
After 15 years, what made you change your mind?

If your misery wants company,
I unfortunately can't offer you that anymore.
You have chosen a time when I like wearing indifference like 15 years.

4 Truths:

Blogger {illyria}in a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

want to talk about it?

lundi, octobre 25, 2004 12:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymein a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Not really. On my part, there's nothing to talk about. Ü

mardi, octobre 26, 2004 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger ninjatoin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

Obviously I probably know this person, but which one?
I feel bad for you though dude, I remember how long it took for us to reach the stage of our friendship where we both realized that being a friend meant accepting the person as himself and realizing that even though change is inevitable, it is not for us to change the person....Well if you need to talk, you know where to ring...

mercredi, octobre 27, 2004 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger ennuiin a hightened sense of self mumbled ...

THanks Ninjato! THe thing is, we've reached a point where he can't deal with my quirks anymore. And I for one, will not change my core beliefs for anyone. Call it "irreconcilable differences" if you must.

mercredi, octobre 27, 2004 11:20:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home